Beer an wine in Germany.. What did you think??

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten

<t>Should the age limit that allows teenagers to buy beer and wine be raised from 16 to 18?</t>

Yes! (comment)
64%
No! (comment)
36%

Insgesamt abgegebene Stimmen: 11

Raindroppu
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beer an wine in Germany.. What did you think??

Beitrag von Raindroppu »

Should the age limit that allows teenagers to buy beer and wine be raised from 16 to 18?

pls comment, vote and tell me why you think so!!

thx!! :mrgreen:

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

You could make that part of this thread: alcohol in germany not under 18, ...
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

DR_HAMMER
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von DR_HAMMER »

I think it's ok so and I hope that will stay so, because it's in my point of view not too young or too old. Just right.

chrissi1980
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: German

Re: Beer an wine in Germany.. What did you think??

Beitrag von chrissi1980 »

To my mind I think the age to drink and buy beer and wine should be raised to 18 years for teenagers. Cause I have the best example that the age should be raised. I'm a seller of a store who sales with press, cigarettes and beer and wine. And some of my customers cannot be 18 years or older but they buy beer and wine. So and I can do nothing, cause the law says they're old enough to buy stuff like that. But in that case, I cannot understand the law and I think something is going wrong!

If I had to decide something, I would sell alcohol to persons over 18 years and older. And they have to show me the pass and to prove that they're 18 years and older.

That's my opinion to this topic.
SAVE YOURSELF... THEN TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN!!!

Jme
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: English

Beitrag von Jme »

No. I've just turned 16 not long ago, and I used to go out drinking a couple of months before I was 16, and I don't see why it should be changed. Nothing bad ever happened to anyone down town when I went. The thing is people need to experience the bad things, whether that's at 16, 18 or 21 it doesn't matter, everyone has to have one stupid night where they drink too much and do something stupid, so they can learn from it and it will make them more aware of other things in the future.

Raising the law will do nothing, I'd still go out at 16 and I would be served, I know I would, I got served cigarettes last time I was down and I'm 16, they asked for no ID. It's fine the way it is, like I said, as long as no one gets hurt, what's the problem? Things usually sort themselves out, one bad experience stops people, usually, from doing it again.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

What most younger people do not seem to realise is that apart from the fact that drinking in general is bad for your health, you could bring your parents into trouble. Fair enough, most teenager don't give a damn about their parents but have you ever thought about what could happen to them if you lot do get bladdered and caught by the police? Your parents have to keep their parental supervision when you're underage and to be fairly honest I am sick of seeing 14 year old lasses, hardly wearing anything, completely trashed on a Saturday night and lads taking the chance to get them home. Maybe people should keep that in mind, too. Fair enough.. that happens in all age groups but when you're underage not only do you bring yourself into trouble but your parents too and that's not worth it.

Jme
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: English

Beitrag von Jme »

My friend Anna got stopped by the police once when we were down there, shes 15 and they took her details and phoned her parents, they werent happy and shes been restricted ever since then, but nothing happened to her parents.

Getting really really drunk isn't good, I don't like seeing anyone at any age that drunk, I don't see why people do it, its not fun, especially when you're sick the next day.

Underage drinking was fun just because I knew there was a risk involved, but now looking back it was stupid and I shouldn't of done it because if I had of been caught my parents would have had no trust in me.

I just think that the law should stay as it is, its not like a 16 year old can drink anything they want legally, its restricted, and i think thats good and it should stay the way it is. Well this is just my opinion, i can see most people disagree with me

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

I am not surprised that your friend's parents were not charged because she was stopped by the police once. But there are lots of young people who get drunk every weekend. And that's alarming!

Antworten