English - Essay

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
Firas
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: german

English - Essay

Beitrag von Firas »

I hope somebody could check my essay for misstakes, it would be really kind:

Should Scientist beheld responsible for their inventions or discoveries?

I think that this always depends on the situation. If a scientist can clearly foresee the consequences of his invention, he should know that his inventions will affect the world.
Also, it doesn't only depends on the scientist and his character, the idea of the whole project takes influence of the judgment. A scientist, who wants to create a knew kind of medicine that could really help a lot of humans, should not be hold responsible for the consequences, even if something is going wrong. If you compare Einstein to that, you can clearly judge him for his actions. He was a really smart scientist, maybe one of the most important geniuses ever. Somebody like this should know that the invention of the nuclear bomb will erase the life of thousands of people. Nobody can accept his excuse, that he couldn't foresee all the destruction made by his invention. So it is possible to divide some researches in good and evil. There are of course also exceptions, for example genetic engineering. This part of science is something I would call neutral, because the pros and cons are balancing each other. In cases like that, you have to check every development and research to see how they will affect the future, this will take a lot time and will lead to huge discussions, but it is worth it. Also, a scientist has to make some discoveries to improve the life of all human beings. Maybe they turn out bad, but the scientist shouldn't be responsible. There should be something like a group or company, created by the government, to make sure that the discovery remains secret or harmless.

StrixVaria
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: English

Re: English - Essay

Beitrag von StrixVaria »

Firas hat geschrieben:I hope somebody could check my essay for misstakes,; it would be really kind:

Should Sscientists be held responsible for their inventions or discoveries?

I think that this always depends on the situation. If a scientist can clearly foresee the consequences of his invention, he should know that his inventions will affect the world.
Also, it doesn't only depends on the scientist and his character, but also the whole idea of the whole project takes influence of the judgmentI don't know what you intended by this, but it makes no sense as you wrote it.. A scientist, who wants to create a knew kind of medicine that could really help a lot of humans, should not be hoeld responsible for the consequences, even if something is going wrong. If you compare Einstein to that take Einstein for example, you can clearly judge him for his actions. He was a really smart intelligent scientist, maybe one of the most important geniuses ever. Somebody like this should know that the invention of the nuclear bomb will erase the lifves of thousands of people. Nobody can accept his excuse, that he couldn't foresee all the destruction made by his invention. So it is possible to divide some researches into good and evil. There are of course also exceptions, for example genetic engineering. This part of science is something I would call neutral, because the pros and cons are balancing each other. In cases like that, you have to check every development and research to see how they will affect the future, this will take a lot time and will lead to huge discussions, but it is worth it. Also, a scientist has to make some discoveries to improve the life of all human beings. This sentence makes sense grammatically but it seems out of place in this essay and probably doesn't convey the meaning you intended. Maybe they turn out bad, but the scientist shouldn't be held responsible. There should be something like a group or company, created by the government, to make sure that the discovery remains secret or harmless.
Corrected for grammar mostly, but it is a bit hard to understand what you mean sometimes even if the sentence makes sense grammatically. I tried to point the worst of these out as I came across them, but they're generally rampant everywhere.

Firas
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: german

Beitrag von Firas »

Thank u a lot, i had some problems 2 express myself because i translated some sentences straight from german 2 english, i hope it isnt that bad.

Antworten