Book review

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
wrock
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German/Deutsch

Book review

Beitrag von wrock »

Hi, habe am Demnächst ein Buch Referat zu halten und hab da was mal zusammengeschriebn.
Da ich in Englisch eine kleine Schwäche habe und das Referat aber wichtig für mich würd ich mich freuen wenn sich das wer durchlesen könnte. thx schon mal im voraus

Hi, i had to give a book review in the next few days and need your help to correct my review because Im not so good at english.
It would give me great pleasure if someone can take a look at this.

The book I recently read is called Bangkok Haunts.
Its John Burdett s third mystery novel set in Kiung Thep the centre of Bangkok. The other ones are Bangkok 8 and Bangkok Tattoo. The main character is Sonchai Jitleecheep. He is a half-Thai, half-American detective.

About the author: John Patrick Burdett was born in 1957 at 24th of July. Today he is a british crime novelist.
Burdett was a lawyer who lived and worked in Hong Kong. For 2 years he was employed by the HK government. Later he worked in a private practice.
He is divorced and has one daughter.

About the book: Someone anonymously sends Sonchai a video.

As he watches, he sees a former l*ver, a prostitute with whom he had a short affair killed in a snuff movie.

Sonchai also gets a new partner. A FBI agent called Kimberly Jones. In the opposite to she is suffering a midlife crisis as a single woman unsure what she wants from life.
Sonchai and Kimberly fall into a thrilling story (case?) of crime and again and again the concave more and more the mystery dead of an old friend of Sonchai.

Opinion: It was really a thrilling story but sometimes it was hard to read because I didnt know the first two books. But it was very interesting because Burdett describe the life in Bangkok really detailed. De facto for the next time I would read first the other two ones.

mfg Lukas

Lauderdale
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: English

Beitrag von Lauderdale »

The book I recently read is called Bangkok Haunts.
Its John Burdett's third mystery novel, set in Kiung Thep the centre of Bangkok. The other ones are Bangkok 8 and Bangkok Tattoo. The main character is Sonchai Jitleecheep. He is a half-Thai, half-American detective.

About the author: John Patrick Burdett was born in 1957 on the 24th of July. Today he is a British crime novelist.
Burdett was a lawyer who lived and worked in Hong Kong. For 2 years he was employed by the HK government. Later he worked in a private practice.
He is divorced and has one daughter.

About the book: Someone anonymously sends Sonchai a video.

As he watches, he sees a former l*ver, a prostitute with whom he had a short affair, killed in a snuff movie.

Sonchai also gets a new partner, an FBI agent called Kimberly Jones. In the opposite to [mir ist das nicht klar] she is suffering a midlife crisis as a single woman unsure what she wants from life.
Sonchai and Kimberly become involved in a thrilling crime case and again and again the concave more and more [ nicht klar] the mystery dead (vielleicht, mysterious death?)of an old friend of Sonchai.

Opinion: It was really a thrilling story but sometimes it was hard to read because I didn't know the first two books. But it was very interesting because Burdett describes the life in Bangkok in a really detailed way. De facto vielleicht Certainly?] for the next time I would first read the other two ones.

Hoffentlich sind die Apostrophen in rot leserlich.

L

Lauderdale
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Lauderdale »

Und ich habe mal eben bemerkt, ich habe was ausgelassen.....

It's John Burdett's third mystery novel, set in Kiung Thep, the centre of Bangkok.

wrock
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German/Deutsch

Beitrag von wrock »

Danke erstmal fürs schnelle korrigieren.
Also gemeint habe ich:

In the opposite to Sonchai she is suffering a [im Gegensatz zu Sochai "leidet" sie an einer...]midlife crisis as a single woman unsure what she wants from life.
Sonchai and Kimberly become involved in a thrilling crime case and again and again they uncover more and more the mysterious dead of an old friend of Sonchai.

Lauderdale
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Lauderdale »

Ach so, ich seh schon--danke! Das laesst sich so sagen --

In contrast to Sochi.... Oder: Unlike Sochi....

"Uncover" ist ganz richtig. Und dann wuerde es wohl heissen, they uncover more and more about the mysterious death...

(Der Tod = death; aber Adjectiv tot = dead.)

Also, viel Glueck mit dem Referat!

Antworten