Let's speak English here.
Antworten
crazgirl;)
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Where are you from?

Beitrag von crazgirl;) »

hi guys,
my name is Michelle. i'm from Germany and new here. I want to improve because it's very bad. In two years i want do my A level and so i must get better. I'm 17 years old nad my hobbys are guitar volleyball handball and horseback riding. I have a boyfriend in munich. I live in a village near munich.
now you can talk about you. i would be very happy. :lol:

FiendishMinx
Topic Talker

Beitrag von FiendishMinx »

Ah I get it, you wish to improve your English by talking :)
Well then, I am 29 (the big bad 30 is approaching quickly!). I was born in Germany, but moved to England quite some time ago. I am single, work in media and spent far too much time on my job. Oh well. I used to live in Bavaria, too, but didn't really like it. The people are a bit too narrow-minded down there and far too conservativ. Never mind. Anyway, without the attempt to insult you, love, I think your English does need a bit of improvement before you can hurl yourself into your A-levels. But don't worry, you'll manage ;-). By the way, is is going to be GK or LK?
WICHTIG! Anfragen per PN werden ignoriert. Danke.

crazgirl;)
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von crazgirl;) »

yes i now i really must get better^^ i have g8 it is a new schoolsystem wehre are no GK or LK. now you have no 9 years but only 8 and in the last two years you have seminars and in one of the you must write a seminarwork. I need one foreign language for the A Level but i'm not good at them. I'm better in maths and physic. englisch is my first foreign language the second i latin but i do'nt want take it farther.

FiendishMinx
Topic Talker

Well, are you any better in Latin? If so, I'd rather go for the subject I'm in although might be a pain in the neck :|
So you attend this new G8 system. I've heard of it, but I did my A-Levels 10 years ago... we had the old system with 2 LK and 2 GK. Are there any advantages of the new G8 system after all?

By the way shall I correct some of your worst mistakes in English or rather ignore them?

See you later!

crazgirl;)
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von crazgirl;) »

i'm not really better in Latin and i think English is more import so it is the last year i have Latin. I'm very thankful when you correct my mistakes.
the new system is not very different. you have no LK an GK you only need certain number of lessons for the last two years and 5 sujects for the A-level. Two of them you must do colloqium and three written.

FiendishMinx
Topic Talker

crazgirl;) hat geschrieben:i'm not really better in Latin and i think English is more import so it is the last year i have Latin. I'm very thankful when you correct my mistakes.
the new system is not very different. you have no LK an GK you only need certain number of lessons for the last two years and 5 sujects for the A-level. Two of them you must do colloqium and three written.
crazgirl;) hat geschrieben:I'm not really better in Latin and I think English is more important, so it is the last year I have Latin. I'm very thankful, when you correct my mistakes. The new system is not very different. You have no LK and GK, and you only need a certain number of lessons for the last two years, plus 5 sujects for the A-levels. For two of them you must do a colloqium and three are in written form.
First things first, a few corrections :). The "I" (ich) should always be in capitals. Sentences start in capitals, too ;-).
You should use punctuation, love. Some of your sentences would be better to understand, if you structure them with commas. Plus, some of your sentences don't have a verb. A main sentence without a verb is no sentence ;-)
So, what will your other 4 subject be? I assume maths and physics?
I can understand your point of view of English being more important than Latin. Still I think A-Levels should be about your personal talent. It's no use getting a worse grade as the resulat of choosing a subject you cannot cope with just because the subject might be more relevant.

crazgirl;)
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von crazgirl;) »

Thank you for the correction. maybe you realized that I often forgot letters, that's happen me also when I write something in German. I think the biggest problem is the structure.
Well, I think you've right, but Latin is not realy easierly and in the A- Level you must translation Latin texts to German and that i can't. So i think it's better when I do English and improve it. It's also for me better so because English you need in your job and after the school I want to go to Australia to work on a farm for a year. I believe I can cope with English when I apply myself. :spin:
The other 4 subjects are German Maths (They are responsebility and you must do their in written form) and economics and legal doctrine like biology.

FiendishMinx
Topic Talker

crazgirl;) hat geschrieben:Thank you for the correction. Maybe you have realized that I often forget letters. That also happens to me when I write something in German. I think the biggest problem is the structure. Well, I think you're right, but Latin is not really easier, and in the A- Levels you must do a translation of Latin texts into German. That’s impossible for me. So I think it's better to do English and improve it. It's also better for me, because you need English in your job and after school I want to go to Australia to work on a farm for a year. I believe I can cope with English when I apply myself. :spin: (Was meinst du denn damit?)
The other 4 subjects are German, maths (They are responsebility [?? responsibility = Verantwortung] and you must do them in written form) and economics and legal doctrine like biology.
Here's your corrected quote.

Hey pet!
I don't want to patronize you in any way, but please work on the following:

1) Make sure your sentences contain verbs.
2) Make sure the words which are supposed to start with capitals do so.
3) Work on your sentence structure.
4) Work on pronouns.

The words you use are quite fine, but your sentence structure reaaly needs to be worked on. I suggest you take a German book you really really love and almost know by heart. Then go and buy this exact same book in English and read it. It will be easy for you because you know the plot and the reading will help you to get a hint of real English sentence structure ;-)

Stefan
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch-Rusisch

Beitrag von Stefan »

Hi, everybody! My English skills are really bad, because I learn Eng. since one year. I need immediately help. I want to practice my English in writting form...speaking form were good too, but I think it is´t possible.
I will be very glad about your answer. :freu:

FiendishMinx
Topic Talker

Stefan hat geschrieben:Hi, everybody! My English skills are really bad, because I have been learning English for one year. I need immediate help / I need help immediately. I want to practice my English in written form...spoken form would be good too, but I think it isn´t possible.
I would be very glad about your answer. :freu:
Hi Stefan and welcome here,

Your English's not too bad considering the fact that you've been learning for only one year. I hope you don't mind me correcting some mistakes. I', not patronising you but without corrections you cannot improve, can you :wink:

Stefan
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Stefan »

I´m very happy about your answer and about your corection!!! :D
I like it, if somebody corect me and
will show me how is it perfect. Thank you!
I don´t know about which topic I can have chat with you. Maybe where do you born and where do you life now?
I born in Kasachstan, do you know Kasachstan? But now I live in Germany since ten years.

FiendishMinx
Topic Talker

I´m very happy about your answer and about your corections!!!
I like it, if somebody corrects me and shows me how it is better. Thank you!
I don´t know about which topic I can chat with you / have a chat with you.

Maybe, where were you born and where do you live now?

I was born in Kasachstan, do you know Kasachstan? But now I've been living in Germany for ten years.
Hi!
You're more than welcome :) . Please keep in mind that I am not perfect either, so bare with me if I make mistakes as well :)

A short note to the corrections: it is for 10 years because you use a period of time. It would be since, when you have a date. For example: I have been living here for 10 years. I have been living here since 1999.

Well, then. I was born in Germany, but I've been living in Great Britain for some years now. I do know Kasachstan, although I've never been there. Back in Germany I used to have a pupil who was from Kasachstan. She held a little speech in class about her country - that's why I know a little bit about it ;-)
How comes you are in Germany now? Where do you live?

MRVICCA
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: CROATIAN

Beitrag von MRVICCA »

Hello, everybody.howare you?what a wonderful day here in Croatia!!!
Real spring. I' have been studying english for 4 years in high school.I'm going to study it at University next year. I'm really looking forward learning it. :)

Stefan
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Stefan »

Hi!
You're more than welcome :) . Please keep in mind that I am not perfect either, so bare with me if I make mistakes as well :)

A short note to the corrections: it is for 10 years because you use a period of time. It would be since, when you have a date. For example: I have been living here for 10 years. I have been living here since 1999.

Well, then. I was born in Germany, but I've been living in Great Britain for some years now. I do know Kasachstan, although I've never been there. Back in Germany I used to have a pupil who was from Kasachstan. She held a little speech in class about her country - that's why I know a little bit about it ;-)
How comes you are in Germany now? Where do you live?

Hello!
What does it mean "bare with me"
It doesn´t matter nobody is perfect. The fact is that your English skills are better then my English skills. Do you understand German language? I understand your example! (since 1999-for ten years) :wink:  
I was born in Kasachstan but my nationality is to 50% German. Another 50% are Russian.
GERMANY IS MY HOMELAND.
Now I living in Herford that is NRW (Nordrhein-Westfalen) Have you ever been here?
Why are you moved to Great Britain?

FiendishMinx
Topic Talker

Hello again!
Bear (not bare, sorry!) with me means “be patient with me”. Of course I understand German, after all I am a native German :) . I have never been to Herford, but I have heard of it.
I have moved to Great Britain because I love the country and because I could not find a proper job in Germany. I had a job, but I was not happy with it and felt the urge to do something completely new. So I had the idea to change my life completely. Why have you come to Germany?

Antworten