Summary

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
Vainavi
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

Summary

Beitrag von Vainavi »

Hi,

as I said at my introduction thread I am a desperate English "learner".
Well, ...

The short story "Son's essay a revelation", written by Leonard Pitts Junior, delineates the thoughts of a concerned father, who is attending a parents evening of his son.
At the beginnig the father criticises his sons unacceptable behaviour towards him and defines its derivation/beginnings.
Later on the father consults with a teacher, whom is showing him an essay of his son, whose topic was his fathers wonderfulness.
It occurs to the father how important his sons welfare is (for him) and he starts to philosophize about his own influence of his sons attitudes and manners.

... I am not quite certain wether it is "too German" or not.

Thank you, Vainavi

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Summary

Beitrag von Keswick »

Vainavi hat geschrieben: The short story "Son's essay a revelation", written by Leonard Pitts Junior, delineates the thoughts of a concerned father, who is attending a parent-teacher conference of his son. At the beginning the father criticises his son's unacceptable behaviour towards him and defines its beginnings. Later on the father consults with a teacher, who shows him an essay of his son, whose topic is his father's wonderfulness. It occurs to the father how important his son's welfare is (to him) and he starts to philosophise* about his own influence on his son's attitudes and manners.
* Please stick with either AE or BE.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Antworten