Hello everyone :-)

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Herbststurm
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

Hello everyone :-)

Beitrag von Herbststurm »

Hi,

I want to introduce myself. I am Herbststurm. I am from Freiburg i.Brsg. Germany and decided to join this community, because I want to practice my english. I am studying Physics and Mathematics. Next Winter, I want join the Erasmus program of the university, which is an exchacnge program for students. I want to England for a half year and so I think, it is better to practice the english now, that the communication problems in England are smaller. I hope...

Another reason is the importance of english language. A lot of very good books are only in english avaible. The physical Kolloquim is principal hold in english, articles in research sectors are mostly written in english.

From my today point of view I regret that I didn't learn more english in school at that time.

In case I make grammatical mistakes or use improper vocabulary, please feel free to correct me.

In this case
all the best ;)

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Hello everyone :-)

Beitrag von Keswick »

Herbststurm hat geschrieben:Hi,

I want to introduce myself. I am Herbststurm. I am from Freiburg i.Brsg. Germany and decided to join this community, because I want to practice my English. I am studying physics and mathematics. Next winter, I want join the Erasmus program of the university, which is an exchange program for students. I want to go to England for half a year and so I think it is better to practice the English now, so that the communication problems in England are smaller. I hope...

Another reason is the importance of English language. A lot of very good books are only in available in English. The physical Kolloquium is always held in English, articles in research sectors are mostly written in English.

From my point of view today I regret that I didn't learn more English in school at that time.

In case I make grammatical mistakes or use improper vocabulary, please feel free to correct me.

In this case
all the best ;)
Hi and welcome Herbststurm, I felt free to correct your post and I'd say your English is pretty good. Whereabouts in England do you want to go to?
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Kliapatra
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: American English

Re: Hello everyone :-)

Beitrag von Kliapatra »

Keswick hat geschrieben:
Herbststurm hat geschrieben:The Physics Colloquium is always held in English, articles in research sectors are mostly written in English.
That's what we'd call it. (: And welcome. I'm glad to see people so interested in science and math!
Bitte korrigiert mein Deutsch. Ich bin noch Anfänger. (:

Antworten