Dear Host Family - bitte korrigieren

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
jac
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Dear Host Family - bitte korrigieren

Beitrag von jac »

Hallo,

ich möchte gerne als Au-Pair nach Irland. Leider scheint mein Englisch in meinen 3 Jahren Berufsschule relativ verloren gegangen zu sein :(
Daher wäre es schön wenn ihr mal schauen könntet ob der Brief so richtig ist.

Dear Host Family,

My name is ... and I was born on the ... in the former German Democratic Republic. When I was 17 years old I moved to ..., near the North Sea, to start my trainee in our public lybrary.
Here I live in my own domicile since 2 years. So I have to do the household by myself.

Before I lived together with my mother ..., my stepfather... and my older brother ... I have also got an younger stepbrother ... who is living by his mother.
Mostly my mother worked at the day. So I cooked for me and my brother and took care of the household, like the laundry and cleaning.

There are many reasons for me why I want to be an Au Pair: Taking care of children, living together with a family in a new and unknown country, learning something about the culture, meeting new friends from the whole world and not at last to improve my English knowledge. It's a big dream for me since a few years.

Now I would like to tell you something about my experiences with children.

In March 2004 I did a practical training at a kindergarten (for 2 weeks). There were 12 children at the age of 3 to 8 and I helped the governess to supervise the group. We played games, ate together, sang songs, read out for the kids and helped with their homeworks every day. I enjoyed these weeks and it was a helpful experience for me to care for so many kids at the same time.

Since I am 10 years I tooked care for my little cousins. They are now 4 – 10 years old.
I picked up them after school and kindergarten, played with them, helped with the homeworks and read out them. Sometimes I cooked for them and bring them into bed.

At my trainee in our public library I work especially in the area Children's and Young Adult. Our library make a lot of activities. The children we work with are from 2 – 17 years old.
With the younger we do handicrafts, rallies trough the library, read out for them and do a lot of other other games.
With the older kids we devise own stories, show them how to find informations for the school and much more.
With my kollege from the Children's and Young Adult Library we think about a lot of new activities.

For giving you a first impression of me I want to start telling you something about me and my personality:

I would describe me as a reliable, friendly, positive, lively and open-minded woman.
In my free time, I love doing different kind of sports (especially outdoors), playing volleyball and soccer, swimming and and bicycling. I also enjoy cooking, meeting my friends, watching new films at the cinema, reading a good book and travelling. I also love singing and music. I have almost everytime a song in my mind.

On the .... I got my annual audit. So after that time I am ready to fly to Ireland. I want to stay minimum 12 months. I didn´t have a date to arive. I can stay up to 2 years in your familie.

In conclusion, I would like to thank you very much for taking your time to get to know me better. And I hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Delfino »

Dear host family,

My name is ... and I was born on the ... in the former German Democratic Republic.
When I was 17 years old I moved to ..., near the North Sea, to start my education
as a
trainee in the public library. I'm living here in my own apartment for about 2 years now
and of course I take care the whole household myself.

During my childhood I lived together with my mother ..., my stepfather... and my older brother... .
I have also got a younger stepbrother ... who is living with his mother.
My mother usually had a full time job. Therefore I cooked for my brother and myself.
I did several task in our household too, e.g.
the laundry and cleaning the rooms.

There are many reasons why I want to be an au pair: I enjoy taking care of children,
living together with a family in another country gives me the opportunity to learn a lot
about the culture, I'd like to make new friends there and last but not least I'll improve my English skills.
It's a big dream for me for a few years now.

Now I will tell you something about my previous work experience with children.

In March 2004 I did a practical training at a kindergarten for 2 weeks. The 12 children in the group
I was working in
were at the age of 3 to 8. I helped the teachers to take care of the group.
We played many games, ate together, sang songs, read to the kids and helped them
with their homeworks every day. I enjoyed this time and it was a new and challenging experience for me
to care for so many kids at the same time.

Since I am 10 years I've taken care of my little cousins. They are between 4 and 10 years old now.
I picked up them after school and kindergarten, played with them, helped them to do their homework
and read out to them. Sometimes I cooked for them and put them to bed.

During my current education as a
trainee I work in the section for children and young adults in
our public library. Our library offers a lot of activities and events for our young members.
The children we work with are between 2 and 17 years old.
With the younger ones we do handicrafts, host rallies trough the library to show them
the different sections
, read out to them and do a lot of other games too.
The older kids get to know how to find new information for their school assignments.
Sometimes they devise their own stories or try to other tasks.
My team mates from the "Children and Young Adults" section and I are often thinking
about new activities.

To give you a better picture of myself I'll tell you something about me and my personality:

I would describe myself as a reliable, friendly, positive, lively and open-minded young woman.
In my free time, I love doing different kind of sports (especially outdoors), playing volleyball and
soccer, swimming and cycling. I also enjoy cooking, meeting my friends, watching new films at the cinema,
reading a good book and traveling. Music and singing is very important to me. I have almost always
a song or little melody in my mind.

On the... I got my annual audit. So after that time I'll be ready to fly to Ireland.
I didn't choose a certain date for my arrival yet, but we should be able to agree on it
as soon as possible.
I'd like to stay for a minimum of 12 months and I can stay up to 2 years
in your family.

In conclusion, I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to get to know me
and I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards

Try to remember the spelling of these words:

library - Bibliothek
team mate - Arbeitskollege
college - Institute
traveling - reisen
arrive - ankommen
family - Familie

nicht ´ benutzten, sondern ' also das Zeichen über #

How to Become an Aupair
http://www.wikihow.com/Become-an-Aupair

PS: I think kindergarten is the place where children stay before they have to go to school.
So the children in your group should be younger than 6 or 7. Right?
Or maybe it was a day nursery => Kinderhort?
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

jac
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von jac »

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Delfino »

I'd recommend a few additional changes:

... and of course I take care of the whole household myself.

Since I am 10 years old I've taken care of my little cousins.

Sometimes I cooked for them too and put them to bed later on.

In my free time I love to do all kinds of sports (especially outdoors) e.g. playing volleyball, ...

Until the ... I got to do my annual tax audit.

... and I could stay up to 2 years in your family.
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

Antworten