Bitte korrigieren!

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
yenni
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: vietnamesisch

Bitte korrigieren!

Beitrag von yenni »

also leute.. ich muss bald eurokom halten und jaa kann des mir bitte jemand korrigieren.
vieleeeen vieleeeeeen dank.

Information and facts about Valentine’s Day:
Every year on the 14th February lovers celebrate St Valentine’s Day which is the feast of love, joy, tenderness, friendship and reconciliation. On this day the people present each other chocolate, flowers and Valentine Greetings. Detractors allege that the Valentine's Day is an invention of the florists and the chocolate industry. But that is a rumour.
There are 2 theories where the Valentine’s Day was originated from.
The first theory is the Memorial Day from the goddess Juno.
On this day became the Roman goddess Juno, the wife from Jupiter and the patron saint from the family venerated. In compliment to the goddess Juno a temple was built. In this temple unmarried women got love oracle. This oracle should help them at the right mate selection. Among the men became also a love oracle.

The second theory is the legend of Saint Valentine
The Valentine’s Day is attributed to the legend of the bishop Valentine from Terni. He became spoken as a holy martyr. A martyr is somebody who chooses to suffer death rather than renounce religious principles.
This legend said that, St. Valentine was a bishop from the Italian city Terni. In the third century he married pairs who felt in love. Valentine lived during the reign of Claudius II, who did not allow his soldiers to get married. Claudius believed that married soldiers would not make a good army, so when he found out that Valentine married young couples secretly, he had the priest arrested and sentenced to death. But these marriages held for a long time. Additionally he presented the just married flowers from his garden. He was executed at the 14.February 269. About 100 years later the Roman started celebrated the day from Saint Valentine. It is a story that is with nothing evidenced.

The spread of Valentine’s Day
Starting from England and France the Valentine’s Day spread in the middle Ages the tradition at the 14.February to present each other. American soldiers took the traditions in the fifties to Germany.

Traditions
On Valentine’s Day lovers present each other chocolate, flowers especially red roses, jewellery or Valentine’s Day cards and they cook a romantic dinner by candlelight for each other. In other lands, they have other customs. In Japan, the women give the husbands, the bosses and male workmates chocolates. In Finland it is a day for friendship. It is not a day for lovers, but rather for families and friends. In America it is normal to present each other Valentine’s Cards and flowers. Flowers are classical presents. In England the people present each other Valentine Greetings with poems. Sending special greeting cards on that day is also very popular. Valentines, as these cards are called, are sent to loved ones or even to secret lovers in order to win their hearts. If the sender doesn’t want to be recognised, the card is signed “Your Valentine”.

Why I chose this topic
At the beginning I don’t know the meaning of Valentine’s Day, so I search information about it. I found the legend and the origin interesting that is why I chose this topic.

My opinion about it
I think the Valentine’s Day is a very nice day, because lovers can show their love each other. Now it is not only a day for lovers but also a day for the family and friendship. So I think everybody have something on that day.

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Delfino »

Hallo Leute..
Ich muss bald einen Vortrag halten und
bitte euch deshalb diesen Text zu korrigieren.
Vielen, vielen Dank.

Information and facts about Valentine's Day:
Every year on the 14th February lovers all over the world celebrate St Valentine's Day which is the feast of love, joy, tenderness, friendship and reconciliation. On this special day the people in love give each other presents (e.g. chocolate, flowers and Valentine greeting cards). Detractors allege that the Valentine's Day is an invention of the florists and the chocolate industry. But this is a rumour.

There are two theories where the Valentine's Day originated from. The first one states it is the Memorial Day of the goddess Juno. On this day the Roman goddess Juno, the wife from Jupiter and the patron saint from the family, was venerated. In compliment to the goddess Juno a temple was built. In this temple unmarried women could ask the love oracle for advice. This should help them to select the right man.

Among the men became also a love oracle. :question:
I don't understand this sentence. What are you trying to say?

The second theory is the legend of Saint Valentine. The Valentine’s Day is attributed to the legend of the bishop Valentine of Terni. He became a holy martyr. A martyr is somebody who has choosen to sacrifices his life rather than to renounce religious principles. This legend said that St. Valentine was a bishop from the Italian city Terni. In the third century he united couples in marriage. Valentine lived during the reign of Claudius II, who did not allow his soldiers to get married. Claudius believed that married soldiers would not make a good army. When he found out that Valentine married young couples secretly, he had the priest arrested and sentenced him to death. However, these marriages held for a long time. Additionally he gave the freshly married couple flowers from his garden. He was executed at the 14th February 269. About 100 years later the Roman started to celebrate the day from Saint Valentine. There is no evidence for this story.

The spread of Valentine's Day
In the Middle Ages the Valentine’s Day tradition, to give each other presents on the 14th February, started to spread from England and France. In the fifties American soldiers brought this tradition to Germany.

Traditions
On Valentine's Day lovers give each other chocolate, flowers especially red roses, jewellery or Valentine's Day (greeting) cards. Some eat a romantic candle light dinner. The customs are different in some countries. In Japan, the women present their husbands, their bosses and male workmates chocolates. In Finland it is a day of friendship. It is not a day for lovers, but rather for families and friends. In America it is normal to give each other Valentine's Cards and flowers. Flowers are the most classical presents. In England the people present each other Valentine Greetings with poems. Sending special greeting cards on that day is also very popular. Valentines, as these cards are called, are sent to the loved ones or even to the secretly loved in order to win their hearts. If the sender doesn't want to be recognised, the card is signed “Your Valentine”.

Why I've choosen this topic
At the beginning I didn't know about the history and the meaning of Valentine's Day. Therefore I had to search for information about it. When I found the legend and the origin I thought it's an interesting story and that is why I chose this topic.

My opinion about it
I think the Valentine's Day is a very nice tradition, because lovers can show each other their love. Today it is not only a day for lovers but also a day for the family and friendship. So I think everybody can enjoy something on this special day.
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

Antworten