changing the forum

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Karl-Heinz

changing the forum

Beitrag von Karl-Heinz »

Hi Ulrike,

Wow, what a speed! :wink:

Many thanks for the corrections. You see the problem are the tenses. Yesterday we learned about it but I'm not sure how to use it.
Today I have no desires for your site. First I should look all-around here and try this and that.
You're right, English learning during the day is so much better than learning in the evening. Our teacher for a class of three students is a native speaker from England.

Regards
Karl-Heinz

Gast

Here is the right place to talk :-)

Beitrag von Gast »

Hi Karl-Heinz,

I'm glad you didn't mind my correction, but I never know how people might react. 8)

Don't worry about using the all the different kind of tenses. It sure needs lots of practice - Rome wasn't built in one day :D .

You've probably noticed all the exercises on tenses in our grammar section. Besides you can choose a book to study more on them at "Bücher". If you need my hint, just go ahead.

My friend's teacher is a native speaker, too. They are ten students on the course, but with three there is often the chance for you to be asked by your teacher, isn't it :?: :D .

In fact, I always try to reply messages as soon as possible.

Regards
Ulrike

Karl-Heinz

Beitrag von Karl-Heinz »

Hi Ulrike,

Thanks for your hint to Bücher. This week I bought the "English Grammar in Use" von Cambridge UP :D . I think this is a good book to learn about tenses and other grammar things, isn't it ?

Now I've a question about the left column of the news. There is the name of the writer und maybe an avatar (like an ape :wink: ) and a text like Moderator, Administrator or Newbie. The first and second are functions but the third seems to be a rank for the users. Can you confirm this and by any chance explain the rules :?:

Regards
Karl-Heinz

Gast

Books

Beitrag von Gast »

Hello Karl-Heinz,

I Haven't got this book, it's written in English, isn't it. I would rather suggest to buy a "German" English grammar. For beginners it's much easier to understand the explanations.

I could recommend this (it's not in the section yet :oops: :) )

The title : English G Grammatik /Cornelsen ISBN 3464003728

This is an excellent book. Go to http://www.amzon.de oder http://www.buecher.de
and take a look for a further description.

Sorry, but I cannot give you any information on the the other "problem".
You can either state it in the board or send a pm to George. He's more technical... :) .

Regards
Ulrike

Sabby
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Sabby »

Maybe you already forogot writing about grammar books and stuff but I joined here just today. I think you bought the best book possible. I learned all my English grammer off this book you could say. I think it needs lots of practise though. Try to speak with native speakers. Why not trying a chatroom.

Good luck with your studies

Sabby

Antworten