Readers' Group

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
tanhuimei
Topic Talker

Readers' Group

Beitrag von tanhuimei »

:wink: Hi, all!

I post this forum, is simply want to all of you to share your favourite book.

Well, I like to read story books, especially Enid Blyton's story books, and Mr Midnight's story book. Enid Blyton's books is very interesting, especially the mystery series! i love it very much. whereas the Mr Midnight, do you guys heard this book before? The author is from Singapore, Mr James Lee. Know that? The feature for Mr Midnight is you can send your own starting part of scary story to the specified address, Mr James would continue your story and publish it. Any who is interested could go to the internet for further infomation. :spin: it is a nice spooky series story book to recommend you all.

These are my favourite story books. Then, what about you all? Hope to hear to you soon!

Regards. :o
huimei

jellybelly
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von jellybelly »

Hey,
i don´t really know the books you described and there aren´t that much books in englisch I´ve read.
The only book in english I´ve read voluntarily was Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. :lol:
But we read some books in our lessons I liked very much, for example Dead Poets Society or Holes.
At the moment we are reading Moon Palace, but I don´t lik it very much, and to tell the truth I sometimes think its boring. :|
But all in all I like reading books in english.

best wishes

jellybelly

tanhuimei
Topic Talker

Beitrag von tanhuimei »

Hey,

One more book to recommend is 'The Phantom of the Opera'. It is also a movie. Do you guys ever watch or read this? It is a love story, about a famous opera singer, Christine Daae, and a a rich and handsome guy, called Raoul or Vitcome de Changy. And the Opera Ghost, Erik. Both of these guys love Christine, but finally, Daae chooses Raoul.
huimei

etalk
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von etalk »

I love "The Phantom of the Opera". I own the book in english and german, and I have all the DVD movies of it, and the soundtracks from the movie and musical. I have seen the musical so many times. I love it! I love it! I love it!

I love reading. I am always reading something. I like science fiction and historical fiction.

jellybelly
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von jellybelly »

I heard of the book, but actually never read it.
But when it´s such a good book, I shall read it anytime. ^^

tanhuimei
Topic Talker

Beitrag von tanhuimei »

:freu: Hey Etalk, how you get those The Phantom of the Opera's musical soundtrack? I can't find any of them.

Well, what else book you guys like and interested? You can drop bundle of suggestion here recommendation here.
:lol:
huimei

MLS
Story Teller
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von MLS »

Well, it might be boring but.... I love Harry Potter and took much pleasure in reading the hole story.
To be honest, there is no need to recomment these books. I guess most of you read at least the first one so you decided by yourself whether you liked it or not.

I like specialized books as well. Biology is very interesting and now I'am reading a very exciting book again. It deals with the question how the world would go on after all human beings disappeared at a moment's notice without any special reason. They're just gone and left everything behind.

blackcat
Slow Speller

Beitrag von blackcat »

I like reading english books.
In school we read "Holes" and "Big Mouth and Ugly Girl". I liked both.
In my leisure time I read the latest Harry Potter and the latest book of the "Twilight"-series from Stephenie Meyer.
Reading in English is so much fun, because mostly the books are not translated very well into German, I think.

tanhuimei
Topic Talker

Beitrag von tanhuimei »

:o Hey Blackcat,

Is Twilight, this book nice? One of my friend recommended me this book. But I couldn't find this book.

What is Big Mouth and Ugly Girl about?

:D :D :D :D :D
Regards.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
huimei

etalk
Bilingual Newbie

Phantom Music and other stories

Beitrag von etalk »

Hello,
I have just bought the Phantom of the Opera soundtracks in music stores, but they also sell them online on the amazon websites. I have the movie soundtrack, the original broadway soundtrack, the German broadway soundtrack and the Canadian broadway soundtrack. Great music!

I also like reading Jane Austen books and Sci-fi like Neil Gaiman's books.

blackcat
Slow Speller

Beitrag von blackcat »

hey, tanhuimei!
Twilight is a series of books about the girl Bella which moves in a new town where her father lives (her parents are divorced). There she meets Edward, a vampire who tries to live between the humans. Bella falls in love with Edward, but a relationship seems to be very difficult.
It's a very nice story. I just read the latest book in Englisch, but I'm thinking of buying the other two book in English, too.

Big Mouth and Ugly Girl, uh, it's difficult to write a short information about it...
This is what amazon wrote about it:
Matt Donaghy's big mouth gets him a three-day suspension when "unnamed witnesses" allege that the Rocky River High School junior has threatened to bomb the school if his play isn't accepted for the Spring Arts Festival. Fortunately, his classmate Ursula Rigg, who calls herself "Ugly Girl," heard what he really said, and despite her parents' reservations, demonstrates the courage to come to his defense. An awkward friendship between the two self-styled misfits begins to develop but is threatened when Matt's parents sue the school system for slander. Distinguished novelist Oates' first young adult novel is a thought-provoking, character-driven drama about the climate of hysteria created by school violence in America, and how two teenagers find the courage to fight it and to find themselves in the process. Ursula, who tells her part of the story in an edgy, often angry first-person voice, appears at first to be the more interesting character, but Matt, whose story unfolds in the third person, gradually emerges as a sweetly engaging, multidimensional character in his own right. His aching loneliness will break readers' hearts.

This book has a deeper meaning. It talks about daily problems at school and the hard life of outsiders.
I liked it, but I was nearly the only one in my course who read it until the end, because I had to sum up the last chapter -.-
I think it was not always easy to understand, but with a dictionary not such a big problem...

tanhuimei
Topic Talker

Beitrag von tanhuimei »

:o Hie Blackcat,

These story are nice and interesting. I think I will try to get it in bookstore. :D Since I am be fond of reading books, especially during the hols. My year-end school hols. will last for 5 to 6 weeks. So, i can use the spare time wisely by reading BOOKS!

:freu:
huimei

blackcat
Slow Speller

Beitrag von blackcat »

Hi @ all!
Did someone of you read the Black-Dagger novels of J.R. Ward?
I think it's better to read them in English, because in German one English book is splitted into two and this would be more expensive. Also some guys in a forum about books told me, that the translation is very bad...

tanhuimei
Topic Talker

Beitrag von tanhuimei »

I never heard about this book before. :o
huimei

xecole
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von xecole »

My 15 year-old son got bored with Harry Potter half way through and stopped reading it. He did finish Catcher in the Rye though.

Antworten