Englischen Pass beantragen

Information about the United Kingdom and Ireland
Antworten
GB_1984
Bilingual Newbie

Englischen Pass beantragen

Beitrag von GB_1984 »

Hallo @ all ...

Meine Mum ist Engländerin und wir sind auch regelmässig in England, mein Bruder und ich stehen auch mehr auf der englischen Seite als auf der deutschen, deswegen würden mein Bruder und ich gerne den englischen Pass haben ... Wo können wir den beantragen und wie teuer wird das ??

Bitte um Rückantwort ...

Lieben Gruß,
Mira

maureencc
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: bilingual British English / German

Beitrag von maureencc »

Hi,

You'll find all the information you need here:

http://www.britischebotschaft.de/en/consular/passports/

Unfortunately, it's rather expensive to get British Passports, even if you live in GB.

Hopefully your mother registered your birth with the British authorities? Otherwise, you'll have to go through the whole procedure of proving you have a right to the British nationality.

But you know that you can still live and work in GB even if you are German on paper? All citizens of the EU can live and work in GB with no problem - provided you can find a job.

Whatever you decide to do - good luck!

Maureencc
Carpe diem - nutze den Tag

maureencc
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: bilingual British English / German

Beitrag von maureencc »

I'm British and I grew up and studied in Great Britain - and I'm proud to be British. I would never, ever, give up my British passport or nationality. It's a feeling that (most) British people have from birth - patriotism. (Germans have only just rediscovered the meaning of the word)

I have now lived in Germany for 29 years and I love the country and all the dear friends, acquaintances, colleagues, neighbours who make living here so worthwhile. When British mock the Germans, I defend "us", when Germans mock the British, I defend "us". I shall remain British into my grave - that's what is so great about Europe - I can keep my British nationality but still live in the country which has enabled me to develop my own abilities and talents in the best way for me and also to be a mother here to children who were born here and feel German even if they are not. (And by the way, I also developed patriotic feelings for Germany during the World Cup last year. My sons carried all three flags around with them!)

If Mira's mother has passed on this feeling of "Britishness" to her children then I really must congratulate her. My sons are half British, half Italian but they feel more affinity to Germany. Ideally they would like to be considered as Europeans but I fear we'll have to wait for a long time until we get a European passport, unfortunately.

Possibly Mira and her brother didn't grow up with British passports simply because it cost so much to get them. That doesn't make them any less British than my boys.

It's such a small world now ...

Maureen
Carpe diem - nutze den Tag

quavories
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: germ.

Beitrag von quavories »

id also like to work and live in the UK, though im german, but honestly, i hate it to be here :(

Kevin
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: English, German

Beitrag von Kevin »

Hi,

kann Mira gut verstehen! Habe beide Staatsangehörigkeiten und fühle mich auch mehr mit GB verbunden. Das macht Deutschland aber nicht unbedingt schlechter :wink1:

Ich bin auch gerade dabei einen neuen Passport zu beantragen. Die frage bei dir ist ob deine Mutter vielleicht noch eine Englische Geburtsurkunde von euch beiden hat? Das würde die sache wesentlich einfacher machen!

Meinen alten Passport habe ich verloren aber mein Dad meint es wäre kein problem mit einer Britischen Geburtsurkunde einen neuen zu beantragen.

Beantragen kannst du die bei einem der Britischen Konsulate in Deutschland. Sach dir aber gleich das, dass ganze sehr teuer werden kann! Habe versucht das Konsulat in Düsseldorf zu kontaktieren aber das ist garnicht mal so einfach. Die haben so ne art Passport-Hotline die man anrufen kann. Das Telefonat ist aber echt mal teuer, weil das ganze über eine Firma namens Abtran in Irland läuft! Hier die Nr.: 0900 1700661 .

Freu mich wenn ich Dir irgendwie helfen konnte?!

Gruß
Kevin

Antworten