hi there

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Quetzalcoatl
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: german

hi there

Beitrag von Quetzalcoatl »

hey
my name is stefanie, I'm 17 and taking my exams (a-level) these days. my last exam which is history will be in less than two weeks and I still have a lot to learn :(
anyways, I'm here to speak - well, it's more about writing, isn't is? - english and to improve my english. in october I will go to university and study english (it's called english literature and language studies). at least I hope so. but I'm quite confident that I will pass all my exams.
some things about myself. as I already said, I'm 17. I live in germany, enjoy playing & watching basketball, reading, playing & listening to music, reading, going out with friends, movies and such stuff.

Culturist
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: German.

Re: hi there

Beitrag von Culturist »

Quetzalcoatl hat geschrieben:hey
my name is stefanie, I'm 17 and taking my exams (a-level) these days. my last exam which is history will be in less than two weeks and I still have a lot to learn :(
anyways, I'm here to speak - well, it's more about writing, isn't is? - english and to improve my english. In October I will go to university and study english (it's called english literature and language studies). at least I hope so. but I'm quite confident that I will pass all my exams.
some things about myself. as I already said, I'm 17. I live in germany, enjoy playing & watching basketball, reading, playing & listening to music, reading, going out with friends, movies and such stuff.
Welcome to this forum, Stefanie. Judging from what you wrote above, you must certainly be fairly good at English, I mean, you must certainly know more than the ordinary school English, as it seems. Perhaps you do English extra curricularly. Or in other words, you may possibly spend either the whole or at least part of your free-time concerning yourself with the language in one way or another for love of it. If so, we may practically have something in common there. Just out of interest, do you speak any more languages, besides?

Nevertheless, there are still some bad mistakes in the text above, which you will find corrected in British English below:

Hallo,

My name is Stefanie. I'm 17 and am taking my exams (a-level) these days. My definitely last exam will be in history in less than two weeks´ time now. I therefore still have a good deal left to study until then:(

At any rate, I'm here to speak. Well, it's more about writing English and thus to improve it here, isn't is?. In October, I am taking up my English studies or rather English literature and language studies. That is, although being quite confident to successfully pass all my exams now, I hope I will definitely be in autumn.

Some facts about myself: as I have already mentioned, I am 17 and live in Germany. In my free-time, I enjoy both playing and watching basketball, listening to music as well as playing it myself, reading, going out with friends, films and everything else like that/everything else that comes close to it/and other such stuff (very informal).

Antworten