Information about the United Kingdom and Ireland
Antworten
Maluues
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German/Polish

Question about England.

Beitrag von Maluues »

Hi Guys.
I have some natives in England who would pick me up for the summer vacations. They can speak English and Polish like me. But I ask myself if I would speak more English or more Polish......The reason why i want to visit England is to improve my English skills.
But there is another alternative. The son of my alternatives got a pub. He allowed me to work in his pub. This should improve my English skills more effectiv. But there is a problem, too.....
I am 16years old and don't know if it is allowed to work in a ub in this age in England.
Please help me.

Mfg Maluues :>
Ps: Wenn ihr Zeit habt , könnt ihr mich gerne auf meine Fehler aufmerksam machen :).Danke

Johno_uk
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von Johno_uk »

Hmm, I'm not sure. Perhaps you have to be 18. Surely the people who would employ you know this though?!
That's right Liiiinndaaaa, the umpa lumpa

Dublinfan
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Dublinfan »

I wonder how young /old one must be to work in a pub as I think you are only
allowed to enter a pub as a guest if you are at least 21 years old... :|

maureencc
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: bilingual British English / German

Beitrag von maureencc »

I know the opening times have been relaxed regarding pubs but as far as I know the age restrictions remain the same.

It certainly used to be forbidden for an under fourteen-year-old to enter a pub. Most pubs have a garden so that children can be accommodated there. An over fourteen-year-old can drink non-alcoholic drinks, a sixteen-year-old is allowed to drink beer and you have to be eighteen to drink spirits.

I doubt very much that an under eighteen-year-old would be allowed to work in a pub.
There is the international Zentrale Vermittlungsstelle I think in Düsseldorf where you can register for jobs abroad - they'll be able to provide more information.

Anyone wanting to go to England to improve their English should try to make sure they have as little contact as possible with their mother tongue!

Good Luck!

Maureencc
Carpe diem - nutze den Tag

Kaktusbluete
Bilingual Newbie

Re: Question about England.

Beitrag von Kaktusbluete »

Hallo Maluues,
also ich glaube man darf in England unter 18 nur in Pubs, wenn sie einen Family Room haben und dort gibt es dann nur alkfreie Getränke und es darf nicht geraucht werden... so hat mans mir bei meiner Englandreise erklärt. Von daher glaube ich nicht, dass du dort arbeiten darfst, aber das kommt wahrscheinlich, wie bei uns, drauf an, wo das ist, eher Stadt oder Land or so.. gruß

Antworten