Let's speak English here.
Antworten
George
Site Admin
Muttersprache: German

Let's practise English

Beitrag von George »

Hi @ll,
we've decided to open an English section in the new board. Lots of users don't speak German, so it's easier to communicate in English.

And don't forget.
Practice makes perfect.

CU
George

Bene
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

How do you learn English?

Beitrag von Bene »

Today, I want to open a new topic. I think there are many different ways to learn English. Some people learn at school or at a language school. Others prefer to spend some time in an English-speaking country to improve their English. I think it is unavoidable to learn grammar and vocabulary. But I think at least as important as learn English is practising it by speaking and writing. I think it is not so important that every sentence is 100 percent without mistakes. It is more important that we use the grammar and vocabulary which we've learnt. In my opinion the internet offers many great opportunities to use English like Chats, Message Groups, email-lists, seaching for penpals and so on. That's my point of view. What do you think?

Regards :)
Bene
Zuletzt geändert von Bene am 4. Apr 2004 20:50, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Candy
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Candy »

Hi everbody

My name is Sandra and i´m new here. My English isn´t good but i will to give my best to learn it. I make an trainee as a bank-clerk (Kauffrau zur Bürokommunikation) in Heidelberg. My english teacher has given me these e-mail adress to look in and i want to talk and to write english. I have learned 5 years russia and 3 years english. I hope to hear from you and i wish you a nice weekend!

Bye Sandra

George
Site Admin
Muttersprache: German

Parctice your English

Beitrag von George »

Welcome Bene and Candy,
it's great you've written in English. I agree with Bene
Bene: I think it is not so important that every sentence is 100 percent without mistakes.
Nobody is perfect. The only way to improve a language is to practise it. And I'm sure there will be more users in our board who will communicate in English.

Happy Easter.
CU
George

Bene
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Bene »

Hi!

I am also a new member. I am convinced that this "Forum" is a good opportunity for all who want to improve their English.
@Candy: Your English is not that bad.

We have to do the same things to communicate in English perfectly: studying and practising.

I think everybody who wants to work in the economy must be able to speak English. It is the most widespread language in the world. English is the main language in business, science, traffic ( especially in the air ), sport and music contests and so on. But it is not the language which is spoken by the most people. That is Chinese.

If you discover any mistake in my text, please tell me

Bye for now
Bene

@NJ@
Bilingual Newbie

learning english

Beitrag von @NJ@ »

I have just discovered this board and thought I give you my opinion on how to best learn English. I believe that you only really learn it when you live in an English-speaking country. Although I learned the grammar and lots of vocabulary at school I only really spoke it in England. Plus I only knew the basic day-to-day English whereaes now I am studying at university in England I learned all the Business English. There are also so many other words that you never get taught in Germany but are used in England on a daily basis!

@NJ@

@NJ@
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von @NJ@ »

@ Ulrike

Yeah no teacher likes slang whether it is British or American.

Nice site by the way! I can imagine that many people that are looking for help use this site!

Feel free to have a look on my board!

Anja

ChazysAngel
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von ChazysAngel »

Hallo, my name is Nadine. I come from Neustadt. Neustadt is a not very big town in South of Germany.Do you know "Die Deutsche Weinkönigin?" She is crowned here every year :-)
This is a very helpful side and I´m glad to be here. I also think that the only way to learn English is active speaking :)
But my English isn´t very well, because I have learned English for exactly 1/1/2 years.(present class : 10) This is the result of the illness of my first English teacher. The following teacher was that bad that we had practised making party in lesson :(...This is my own fault...I know...and there is much work in future but I try my best to get at least a language English people are able to understand :)
I hope you don´t make a fool of me :-)

I´ve got an idea how we could speak more active english. Someone begins a story and everyone may continue the story ...in English, of course :-)
I hope there isn´t another topic about writing stories :-)
And...another Topic could consists summaries about the story/stories ;-))

Greetz Nadine

ChazysAngel
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von ChazysAngel »

oh thx :)
That enjoys me ( sagt man das so?:D)

You like our restaurents? I recommend "Milano" on the top of the main street :-) Very big pizza and a nice cheap price :-)

Why haven´t I start the story,ehmm....? Well, I just want to wait what do you think about my idea :)

Ok...let`s start. :D

I closed my eyes and saw a wide and open sea. The waves rustled and I could feel the warm breeze blowing over my mind. Gulls were crying and I was feeling her screams under my skin. Suddenly, when I opened my eyes again I refound me on a big ship in the 17th century......

Doro
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Doro »

Hi! I only wanted to tell you that I'm new in here! I'm sorry for my bad english, but I will try to make you understand what I want to say! I learned english for already 6 years in school, but it's still miserable. If you have any questions about me, just ask.
"There's something about death that is comforting. The thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate your life now."

Doro
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Doro »

I searched for a forum where I can practise my english, and I thought that this is the right one.
just do the usual things in my freetime, go out with friends, listen to music.... and I like to sing. I'm singing all day long and my family is really stressed by that. :wink:
I'm at, I think it's called, secondary school, doing my A-levels. I'm only in the 11th grade, so I have another 2 years to improve my english.
I don't know what else I can tell you about myself.
"There's something about death that is comforting. The thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate your life now."

Kid A
Topic Talker

Beitrag von Kid A »

Hi everybody!
My name's Isabel and I've just been learning English for two years now, so I'm not that perfect.
I really love music, especially British bands like Oasis, Radiohead or Coldplay. I wouldn't be so intersted in the Englisch language if I didn't like that music. Moreover, I like songwriters like Kevin Devine, Conor Oberst ("Bright Eyes"), Damien Rice and Ryan Adams, because to my mind, they write the best lyrics.
I've been playing the guitar for roughly 7 years, I read a lot and I like surfing in the internet.

...and concerning your singing-discussion: I can't stop myself from doing that. It's a disease... :lol:
-Life is for living-

Kid A
Topic Talker

Re: Music

Beitrag von Kid A »

Ulrike hat geschrieben:Hi Isabel.

I'm also a fan of Bryan Adams and love guitar music.

Your English is very very good, nobody must be perfect, right? :wink:

Most of the day I listen to CDs, radio and Internet music, that makes work going easier.

CU Ulrike
AHHH!! Sorry, Ulrike, but please, please, please remember: Bryan Adams is nothing against Ryan Adams!!
I'm sorry, but you can't compare these artists. I don't hate Bryan Adams. But Ryan Adams is very different from Bryan.
But you're not the only one who confuses them- my mother does it all the time. :P Well, I must admit it's a little bit distracting ( verwirrend, right?).

Thank you for saying I'm good in English. I'm trying my best.

Has anybody of you already seen the movie TROY? I saw it last week and I think it's a real good movie, isn't it?
-Life is for living-

Doro
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Doro »

I saw Troy last week. It is a great movie, but I'm a bit disapointed, because the movie doesn't really keep to Homers "Ilias", is it?
I really like bands like 3 Doors Down and Matchbox20, they have great lyrics.

Only 2 years? How can you speak that good if you've been learning it for such a short time? That really impresses me.

nimloth
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von nimloth »

Hi everybody,
it's cool I found that board-I didn't even know things like that exist.
I love speaking english and since we've got a terrible english teacher this year I try my best to keep my english going anywhere else:song lyrics,watch english movies or read english texts..the www is very useful as well.
So,my real name's Anne,I'm seventeen years old and I'm attending the 11th grade. Something about my nick-it's and elvish name taken from The Lord Of The Rings,which is my favourite book of all.
Troy!YAY!I saw it on Saturday..you know,it's a pretty cool movie,nobody minds seeing Brad's butt,dramatic and epic..(not his butt but the movie *lol*),but yet there were some things disturbing me.Too much blood,kind of,the characters hardly developed...

nimloth

Antworten