own texts

Alles zu Liedern, Filmen und anderen "netten" Sachen.
All about songs, films etc.
Antworten
Ebbe
Bilingual Newbie

own texts

Beitrag von Ebbe »

Hi, I´m new here and I don´t know if there has already been a thread like this one in this forum and if it is in line with this forum at all. The thread is about showing one´s own texts (short stories, poems...), which can also be discussed, of course. I will start with a short story of mine, which I had to write for my English class lately. I got a "befriedigend" for that, but actually I think it´s not so bad. What do you guys think about it. And, of course, I am looking forward to reading your creations... :)

Between his feet and the pavement a thick layer of ice had come into being in no time. He tried convulsively to keep his balance, but he slipped and fell into the cold. Under the transparent ground he believed to catch his reflection and turned his head aside disgustedly. For a brief moment he looked back and then followed his previous way nevertheless.
A few minutes later he crossed the front garden of a small one-family house. Through the window he got a glimpse of her. For the first time since he had left his flat, there was no behind for him any more. He knocked on the front door, she opened, glared at him in an appalled way and started to move her lips, which he enclosed passionately with his mouth. He would not let her break free, resisted her struggle until she gave herself up to him at last and touched his body willingly.
After a while the two of them lay nakedly on the floor, just a few meters away from the front door. Tasting a salty flavour on her cheek, he opened his eyes and asked ashamedly, “How is Tom?” She did not answer, but stared to the ceiling with her eyes neither moving nor blinking. “Why did I do it again? A second time. How could I?” she said finally, trembling. Her breathing was halting. More and more often her body winced. “He breathes his last and I…” She did not finish the sentence, stood up, switched off the light and went into the bathroom. Before she had locked the door, he perceived a last whisper “Why did you have to come?”
He did not know how long he had been lying on the floor, when he felt how mist streamed into the house from under the front door, which soon filled most of the room. Cold let his body freeze. “You look dead tired, Tom!" he heard a gloomy voice from out of the mist. He tried to open his mouth in order to contradict, to say that he was not Tom, but he did not feel it any more.
The next morning his wife kneed over his unclothed, lifeless body and cried bitterly. She did not pay any attention to the two police officers in the bathroom who pulled her best friend out of the red water.

Antworten