Hi! I'm Eunice.

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Eunice
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: Burmese

Hi! I'm Eunice.

Beitrag von Eunice »

I'm a new member here. The reason I joined this forum is of course to improve my English and to make friends. I've been learning English quite some time, but my progress is slow. I'm shy to speak English and afraid to make mistakes. I think that hinders to improve my English. That's why I'm trying to bestow my spare time looking for pen pals and checking out learning English websites. If it's possible, I'd like to make many friends to correspond in English. Kindly suggest me how to improve my English. If you have any questions about learning English or anything, I'm willing to share what I know.

Looking forward to your reply.

Eunice
Zuletzt geändert von Eunice am 13. Jan 2007 08:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Gast

hi Eunice:)

Beitrag von Gast »

Welcome Eunice :freak1: :freak1: :freak1:
I have some questions to you:
1. Is EUNICE your real name or your nickname?
2. are you born in Singapur or you came there bit later?
3. do you celebrate New Year's Eve today?
4. do you play "second life" in Singapur?
http://secondlife.com/
hehe - thanks for your answers (if any)
:freu:
bh123

Gast

ps.

Beitrag von Gast »

I have forgotten to ask you about celebrating Christmas those days, have you?:)
What gifts have you got if I can ask you?
Well... I have mentioned "second life" (my latest discovery) cause such games can really help people to speak English better (my opinion).
:freu:

Eunice
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Eunice »

Okay. I'm glad to answer your questions.
1. EUNICE is my nick name.
2. I was born in Myanmar. Now I'm living in Singapore to study. I've been here for almost 3 weeks.
3. NEW YEAR'S EVE? Well, not really. Yesterday I went to the Marina bay countdown. There were fireworks and shows like that. I waited for the fireworks until 10 pm, but unfortunately, it started to rain. So I didn't stay there until countdown and of course I didn't have the chance to watch the firewoks. I didn't have much fun actually.
4. Second Life? This is the first time I've heard of it. I'll check it out later because you mentioned in your mail that it helps to speak English better. In fact, I don't play any games because I'll be addicted. That's why I have to restrain myself from playing any games.
5. Christmas Gift? Well, I just want to tell you my favorite gift which I got from my friend. It's an MP3 player.
I think I've answered all your questions.
Bye,
Eunice

Gast

hello:)

Beitrag von Gast »

Well... my turn now as I can read:)
1. May I ask you why you chose such a nickname?
2. I have never heard about any Myanmar. Is it a bit city or little town?
Which part of Burma is it? South, north, east, west? Do you have there something interesting for tourists? :) When you are in Singapur for 3 weeks you probably still don't know too good. you can write more things about it, please. What is specially interesting in Singapur? What are the people who live there like? I mean many nationalities, one nationality...
3. My New Year's Eve was even more boring than you. I could go here or there but I feel soooooo tired these days that I stayed at home with my dearest family (whoever they are). My Christams break is over today. I wanted to be fresh and rested...though we had some fireworks nearby here too I must say...but just few this year... :(
4. Well...truly speaking I don't think if the game really can help. I suspect but I have never played it till now... I discovered it some days ago... 3 days ago to be exact... I also think it is no sound in it...
5. Well mp3 player is quite a nice gift for every music fan. What kind of music do you like the most?

And last but not least - do you speak German or do you learn it?
It isnot typical English learning forum... (my opinion)

All the best for you in 2007.
Some nice fireworks, please:)

Eunice
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Eunice »

1. As far as I can remember, it’s the name of the character from the novel. She’s a good lady. She takes responsibility for her family and she’s somehow smart. I wanted to be like her, take care of the family and be smart. :) I cannot tell you the name of that novel because I read it long time ago. That’s why I chose my nickname as EUNICE.

2. Well, I’ll tell you a little bit about my country. Myanmar or Burma, republic of South East Asia, bordered on the North by China; on the east by China, Laos, and Thailand; on the south by the Andaman Sea and the Bay of Bengal; and on the west by the Bay of Bengal, Bangladesh, and India. The total area of the country is 676, 552 sq. km. Yangon (the city where I live) is the capital and the largest city of Myanmar. There are many interesting places in Myanmar for tourist attraction. Most of the people in Myanmar are Buddhists. That’s why there are many pagodas in my country. Shwe Dagon Pagoda (located in Yangon) is the most famous pagoda in the country. There are many interesting cities like Mandalay, Bagan, Inlay, and still many other interesting places to go in my country. Even if I tell them you might probably not know. Wait! I almost forgot. There’s one German TV series which will show this month. That show was shot in Myanmar. Then, you can see how my country is like. It’s better than telling you the name of the interesting places in my country. (Sorry, I can't tell you the name of that show. I've been checking the websites but I couldn't find it. I totally forgot the name. It'll be great if you by any chance have the possibility to watch that series. Then, you can see my country.)

3. I’ve been in Singapore for 3 weeks, but this is my third time. When the first time I came here, I was 17. I stayed here for a week. Then, I went to Phuket and Bangkok for a few days. You know it was my first oversea trip and I was over the moon. The second time was 3 months ago. I stayed in Singapore for 2 months. I went back to my country for 3 months. Now I’m back again. This time I’ll stay here longer because I’m going to study here. The ethnics in Singapore are Chinese, Malay, Indian, European, Japanese, and many other.

4. Interesting places in Singapore? Sentosa, Singapore zoo, Night Safari, Botanical Garden and Bird Park are the interesting places to go in Singapore. Not only that, there are many shopping malls everywhere you go. There are not much places to visit in Singapore, but it’s comfortable to live here. I’m happy to live in Singapore. It’s a clean and beautiful country. What I like most here is the libraries. You can go to any libraries you like. Although I cannot borrow books (because I’m not a member), I can read there as long as I can. There are many big libraries and big book shops. Sometimes I go to the library and study there. Marina bay countdown was held in front of the Esplanade (near the Raffles place) and the night scenery of that area is really nice. The towering buildings and the lights are so beautiful. The other reason I like Singapore is that I have the opportunity to go along and receive information and more job opportunities are open here. This is why I decided to study in Singapore. Hoping that I will get a decent job after my study.

5. Don’t say like this. Although you can’t celebrate on Christmas, at least you can spend time with your family. This is good, isn’t it?

6. Yeah, I was so happy to get an MP3 player because I like music very much. I like all kinds of music, except Punk and too noisy ones. These days I’ve been listening to Ukrainian singer ‘Mepi’. I like him. My favorite singers/bands are Linkin Park, t.A.T.u, Josh Groban and many others. I also like listening to classical music and natural tunes (Sorry. I don’t know how to name it. For example, Forest Rain – Dean Evenson, Solitudes – Dan Gibson) How about you? What kind of music do you like? Who are your favorite singers?

7. I don’t speak German. I have no plan to study German right now. I want to learn at least one European language like German, Ukrainian, or Russian. I don’t know when. I know it’s not the typical learning English website, but I want to make friends with people from Europe. You see the reason we join the forum is to learn and to make friends. But somehow I can learn and take the tests from that website.

Well, I guess that’s all. Sorry for the long reply. :d Your Christmas break is over. My holiday season is over too. My school is starting tomorrow. I’m a bit exciting and happy because it will be my first time attending school in oversea.

If you have any more questions, I’ll be happy to answer. By the way, tell me anything interesting about your country? I haven't asked anything about you. May I know your name?

Best wishes,
Eunice

Gast

hmm hmm hmm... what a long, long reply :)

Beitrag von Gast »

Hello :)
1. nice to know it :)
2. nice to know it too :)
3. really nice to know it :)
4. even nicer to know that all stuff!!! :) by the way - what are you going to study if I can ask you:)
5. Well... that's good but you know things never go so good they couldn't go better... :roll: (I have highly philosophical approach to life as you can read)...
6. Well... I like different types of music. Depends on my mood. Generally I love music. I would be a perfect pianist if I practised the piano. I know it. But somehow I didn't. Cause I never owned any piano at all. Simple :( I don't have any favourite singer lately. I like many performers. I also like classical music sometimes. Like today :)
7. German, Ukrainian or Russian? Hahaha - but these three languages are so different! Though Russian and Ukrainian are PROBABLY bit similar. However German is quite different. I know basic things in German. Wie heist du? or Woher kommst du? etc. etc. Guten Abend meine Damen und Herren! Things from readings. Some songs.... one about human thoughts...a nice song really. Well... not too much. I know :(. But in French I know even less things. Russian is bit similar to Polish ( I am from Poland) but they have different alphabet. First you have to learn this damn alphabet. And even after three years of learning Russian you will still have difficulties to distinguish between their so called "soft sign" and "hard sign". I could never guess when goes which one. Really. But you should be stubborn/determined!
Well...I still hope that SOMEHOW one day I will be knowing German as good as English. That would be enough to me. But noone invented any successful method that would be right to me to know it very, veeeeery fast on the same level... I have found some on-line courses though...
8. Things about my country... here they are...

blog about my country

Hmmm... once I was doing it. For language reasons mostly...
What more? Do you like Tibet?
As you can read I am dalajlama in my blog hahaha :)
My Christams break is over too... :( Next break in 1,5 months. Good. This break was first since ...4 months. In my school one student died. Maybe I shouldn't write it but I am very happy that next break is in 1,5 months... really. Probably if we have more breaks he would have survive. I am not kidding. I know it isn't too cheerful but life isn't too cheerful generally you must admit...

8. What do you think about Saddam's Hussajn death?
Cheers and nice reading my blog:)
Your letters are very nice. Have you already made friends with some people in Singapur?
bh123 :) :) :)

Eunice
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Eunice »

Hey! I just wanted to tell you that your blog is really great. I haven't finished reading it. I'll answer your questions probably tomorrow. It's getting late. Sorry.
Thank you,
Eunice

Gast

Helloooooo:)

Beitrag von Gast »

oki :) read you soon then :)
:wink2: :wink2: :wink2:

Eunice
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Eunice »

Hi there! I'm back. OK, I'll answer your questions.

1. I'm going to study ACCA Part I for the time being. I'm hoping to study Business at University but it depends on my SAT score.
2. Speaking about learning of European languages, I know German is different from the rest two. What I'm saying is that I'd like to study one of those languages if I have the chance to study. One of the eastern Slavonic languages, Ukrainian is most closely related to Russian and Belarusian. Don't say about leaning the Cyrillic alphabets. I can't even pronounce after reading the transliteration of the words. :d Ukrainians speak very fast, but I like the way they sound. I know only a few words in Ukrainian. Privit, Do pobachen'ja, Lublu, Znayu ya, Dobryy den, and so on. By the way, have you ever been to Ukraine? Poland is bordered with western Ukraine. Right?

3. TIBET? Not really, but it's an interesting place.

4. Saddam Hussein's death? No comments. :d Well, the tyrant ruler is dead. He committed many crimes against humanity. He was responsible for the deaths of many people - Iraqis, Iranians and Kuwiatis. So sad... The hanging of Saddam removed one more murderous dictator from this earth. However, will atrocities and sufferings decrease? Probably not. Our world today is grim.Who knows what will happen in our future? That's all I can say. So how about you? What's your view upon his death?

5. Tell me something about you. I'm stilling reading your blog. It may take a few days to finish. I have some other stuffs to do. That's why. You mentioned that you have some philosophical approach to life. Interesting! What are your values, attitudes, and beliefs towards life?

Bye for now.
Eunice

Eunice
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Eunice »

Hi bh! I'll just call you bh because I don't know your real name.
I'm posting these messages hoping to make many friends. Recently, you're the only one who answer me. People just look around and get no response from them. So sad....

Gast

hello:)

Beitrag von Gast »

Well.well..well... I can read here some nice pieces of advice.
you need to talk about yourself so that people get to know you. Not only asking questions.
can I have it cleared up? Do I really write nothing about me?
:shock: :shock: :shock:

The rest now:
1.Business... hmm... it sounds so far from my field of interests. Privately I would prefer to make some good buisness than studying it. But maybe you will learn how to be a good buisnesswoman and one day you will beat me without any special effort... who knows? :jo:
2. Yes Ukraine... and songs about ukrainian eagles and Polish eagles... also Lithuanian eagles probably occur somewhere... have you ever seen any eagle?
But you write about Eastern Europe. Eastern Europe isn't really too interesting. Many dark and crazy things happen here. People here are mostly mad. Why? Because they drink too much and they are day-dreamers thus they don't care about dates, numbers, offcial documents... they are so mad and crazy as deals job... and thus I am mad at this all mess too... They simply are born mess-makers... and I hate it so much. I like to have 2+2=4. In Eastern Europe 2+2 is always 6 . It is so strange cause at schools here maths has always been a queen of all school subjects... do you have the same in Burma?
Eastern languages are rather difficult. Their grammar is much more difficult than in western Europe as it seems to me. Polish grammar is very, very difficult. But at least we have "normal" alphabet :)
But what do you want to know about Eastern Europe? As deals business these days I can see only trees in forests... nothing more...:(
3. Tibet seems to me a highly interesting place to live. Cause I imagine life is very slow in Tibet. No "rat races". People think a lot of there ...are quiet... and friendly.... I will go there one day for sure :)
4. Saddam Hussain died in fast. Till Friday he was kept by US. They gave him to Iraq-people late on Friday. On Saturday morning he was dead. Very fast. I think US should have killed him at once or keep him for ever. His executioners were shouting at him, they would have killed him with their own hands unless he hadn't been a past head of their state and TV stations around the world wouldn't have wanted to air at least part of this worldwide event. Well... besides Saddam was hanged not shot (his wish). Of course I am far from defending him but he was the most...civil man in this whole scene of his execution. The rest were waving and screaming curses...
5. What can I tell you about me? It depends on what do you want to know. I am rather peaceful person. I don't like agression, violence. I believe in healing power of nature (whatever it means).
I like reading books and writing. I like mountains and cinema. Travelling. I like animals.
I don't like stupid, noisy, violent people who are lazy and good for nothing. I don't like poshy people. I think people should quiet and modest :)
I also like reading philosophical thoughts. For example once I read such a philosophical thought (on the Net) - "Studying without thinking doesn't make any sense but thinking without studying can be really dangerous". How do you like this thought?
:chief:
Well... I hope some people soon join our discussion.
That's all for today. Some duties wait for me still...
Read you soon.
:)

Gast

some corrections of my earlier letter

Beitrag von Gast »

...Saddam Hussain died fast.
PS. Are you for or against death penalty if I can ask you (whoever "YOU" are) :)

Call me bi-ejcz. It sounds OKI.
:danke:

See you soon :)

Eunice
Slow Speller

Beitrag von Eunice »

1. Well, well, well.
2. I wrote about Eastern Europe. It might not be an interesting thing for you. For me, it’s interesting because I’ve never been there before and would like to experience how it is like. That’s why I keep asking and checking about it. It seems that you don’t like them. Why? In my opinion, you can’t generalize everything. There are always good and bad things. Each individual has his or her own story. I don’t know what experiences you had but I just don’t want to give comments upon others. What do I want to know about Eastern Europe? Now I prefer to know some things about historical backgrounds. Your letter made me curious to know why you said like that. Yeah, it seems difficult to learn eastern languages.
3. Ah… you like Tibet. Good. The other day I’ve read some things about Tibet. It says that when you are in Tibet, do as the Tibetans do. Try their staple, tsamba (barely flour), and drink a cup of yak butter tea every morning. : d It also says that men and women do not dance together, unless they are married. It also reminds that don’t get robbed and don’t go hiking alone. Do not venture into the mountains alone. Besides the risk of getting lost and falling off the mountain, there is a chance that you might run into a group of marching Maoists, or meet the less friendly kind of bloodsuckers. Oops… scary. Be carefull, huh?
4. I’m just kidding. I like hiking. I love nature and mountains. I also don’t like violence and aggression. You mentioned that you don’t like people who are lazy, pushy and noisy. You can’t expect anything from others. I mean you can’t change them. If you don’t like them, then that’s your problem. People will never change as the way they are. Try to keep a balanced mind and be happy. That’s my suggestion. People should be quiet and modest. But it’s not possible.
5. “Studying without thinking doesn’t make sense but thinking without studying can be really dangerous.” Yap, that’s true. Studying without thinking will be just wasting one’s time and energy. We can’t absorb anything if we are not interested in what we are doing. But that makes people different. People who study with interest get better grades and people who study without interest get lower grades. Thinking without studying is even more dangerous. That’s why there’s a saying “Little knowledge is dangerous”. I’d like to add one more thing. Being smart is not that matter. Intelligence can come to nothing when the emotions sway. Do you agree with that? Emotional Intelligence plays a vital role in a person's success. And there's of course interpersonal skill.
Bye for now. Sorry for my late reply. I got some stuff to do.
Eunice

Gast

hello Eunice :)

Beitrag von Gast »

1. :jo:

2. Eastern Europe... well... what language would you like to learn as deals Eastern Europe? Russian? I think it looks OK when people speak some words of a country where they want to make a business. In case of Russia you should say many things like "zdrastwujtie" (good morning/afternoon) and "daswidania" (good bye) - as far as I remember well. But original spelling looks different of course (don't remember about "twardyj znak" hard sign and "miakij znak" soft sign.
Besides... well I like our lovely Russian mob. During excursions (when I still have any place to sit). But on other occasions? Hard to say. Probably I like us even better... :jo:

3. marching Maoists... hmmm.... what can I expect from them? I am not going to go into Tibet these days. But I will be taking care on marching Maoists when one day I will get there. Be sure.
Welll these Tibetan dancing customs... by the way - do they smoke any pipes or cigarretes?
Do they have some Tibetan jokes? Are they rather funny or rather melancholic? sad?
And their graves - how do they bury one another?

4. Of course many people aren't quiet and modest. I would even say to some degree these highly required qualities are against human nature. The more they should be practised. Or maybe people should be noisy? Maybe I am simply tired with too many noisy people... who knows?

5. Hmm...your proverb is also very interesting. I don't have any ideas how to beat your with even better. Maybe next time. By the way - are you going to make business in Russia? What would you like to trade here with? Do you imagine Russia can be an interesting business partner?
I can see only taiga there... some other things are under ground (that's sure). And on the surface...do you like vodka?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiga

Write when you have some time.
daswidania ;)

bi-ejcz.

Antworten