where you found your nickname?

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
obelixx
Slow Speller

where you found your nickname?

Beitrag von obelixx »

Hoi :)

this forum should practice english right?

ok i will start a new topic!...

I ask you ..where you find your nickname?

mfg obelixx

Anachronist
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von Anachronist »

The Nickname "Anachronist" was a result of my growing unsatisfaction with certain social developments; mainly the development of our TV, our pop-music and so on. I`m using it for years and the meaning it has for me is constantly getting wider. Nowadays it stretches far beyond youth-culture related topics (the sensless all-day-the-same-speeches of our politicans, the concentration on money in every aspect of day to day life and so on..)

An anachronism is something that doesn`t fit in it`s sourounding because it belongs to antoher time period. A old grandfather clock in a brandish new office for example could be considered as an anachronism. An anachronist is someone who does not fit in the time period he is living in. A good friend of mine told me once an anachronist must not be one who is looking backwards, he could also be being ahead of his or her time. I hope the latter is my case :)

Besides: I like this nick because I think he sounds extremly cool :)

Jörg
Im alten Rom war das Verderben der Jugend ein schwerwiegendes Vergehen - Heute ist es ein eigenständiger Industriezweig.

L2k4
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von L2k4 »

Nice topic :D

Well, my nickname was a result of my "creative work". :idea: L is the first letter of my surname. 2k4 means 2004 (english abbreviation).

collie
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von collie »

my name is nicole. when my sister was a little child, she couldn't pronounce my name. so she called me "collie". now she's grown-up, but she still does...:oops:

lg, collie

Manhattan
Linguistic Guru
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Manhattan »

My nick is the name of a part of a town (New York, so I learnt it in my English lesson). I like Manhattan, although I've just seen some pictures :D

delriata
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von delriata »

Well, I come from Scotland and wanted a nick that reflected that.
When I was a kid I learned that Delriata was the Latin word for Scotland. So I used that. Funnily enough, I misspelled it, but kept it for my own nickname.

Bill
http://www.englishinbritain.de

Piri
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von Piri »

I have got this nickname, because I had no idea for a name at first, and then I saw my cat. She is called Piri and so my nickname is Piri, too. :lol:

Rehpotsirhcj
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Rehpotsirhcj »

Aren't I the unoriginal one? I just spelled my name backwards and tacked on the first letter of my last name. :wink:

smolter1
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von smolter1 »

Oh, I think I am very unoriginal. My nickname is smolter1. My full Name is Sascha Molter, SMolter and the letter 1 I needed it for my Ebay account. I use my nickname in every forum and for the most accounts.

best regards,

Sascha

LoneStar
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von LoneStar »

well it shouldn't be hard to find out why I chose "LoneStar" as my nick.
The simple reason is I'm living in the Lone Star State which is Texas ;-)

greez
Dave

Toronto21
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Toronto21 »

My sister used to live in Toronto. I visited her, liked the city and that was it. And I like the numbers 7, 13 and 21. Don´t know why. So I combined both of it, because the name Toronto was often used and the number 21 itself doesn`t say much.
The jazz things in life!

psipsina
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von psipsina »

"Psipsina" is a pet name for a cat, the Greek version of what would be "Mieze" in German. I got it from "Captain Corelli's Mandolin", a book by Louis de Bernières which I enjoyed very much. Somehow I liked the name cos it's funny, and now I use it a lot on the internet.
Vergiss nur einmal deinen Stolz.
1/2 Lovesong

Düsseldorfer
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Düsseldorfer »

My hometown is Düsseldorf, so I called myself "Düsseldorfer".
Sometimes you need help. Thats life!

Pat
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von Pat »

Pat is the abbrev of my real name. I thought of something more serious for this board - in comparison to other boads i'm a member of.
Basically, I'm named 'Despair' on the Internet (homepage, msn,...). That's the final enemy in a fighting game I used to like. So it's some kind of tradition.

xixa
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von xixa »

Hi, Obelix,

I gotmy< nickname when I visited a Tapas-Bar in Barcelona. They sold Basque Tapas there and on the loo there was a sign saying Txica (meaning Women!). So that´s where I got mine from. A little bit changed though!

Antworten