How comes ...

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
trici
Bilingual Newbie

How comes ...

Beitrag von trici »

the European English speaking folk do understand better (with) each other - talking of the linguistic aspect only -, than with most of the native English speaking folks.
I find it a funny and interesting thing, I was keeping track of the last few month, since I started to pain the English Internet with my poor (and) crappy English terms and tenses, like others may prepare alphabet soup or "Leipziger Allerlei".
What are your thoughts on that? Let's compare notes a little. :wink:

Best regards to you all

trici

P.S: Those who have a trembling hand with a red marker in it by reading my words, just let it out. :D The call of action was screaming to me, that's why I'm here.

Reiner
Bilingual Newbie

Re: How comes ...

Beitrag von Reiner »

trici hat geschrieben:the European English speaking folk do understand better (with) each other - talking of the linguistic aspect only -, than with most of the native English speaking folks.
Hi trici, no red marker here, only I'm not sure what you're saying in your first sentence. Are you contrasting Europeans who speak English with native English speakers? What is your concept of Europe?

Reiner

trici
Bilingual Newbie

Re: How comes ...

Beitrag von trici »

Reiner hat geschrieben:
trici hat geschrieben:the European English speaking folk do understand better (with) each other - talking of the linguistic aspect only -, than with most of the native English speaking folks.
Hi trici, no red marker here, only I'm not sure what you're saying in your first sentence. Are you contrasting Europeans who speak English with native English speakers? What is your concept of Europe?

Reiner
HE he :wink:

Hi Reiner,

no I was not trying to contrast anything.
The term 'to contrast' seams a bit out of place to me in this case, don't you think?
I simply wanted - and still I want - to talk about the experiences of European in touch with the rest of the world, reference to using the English language (You see, 'reference', not 'contrast'. :wink:), thereby trying to detect the phenomenon of the 'pigeon English', what's somehow always the same, regardless from which non-anglophone country you come from.

A quite similar matter is: "Why are European able to translate the African way to speak French to the native French in a way they can understand better? But this is something I only have heard of, without any experience of myself. So I have no base to talk about that and this is not the right place for it aside.

Well, have a nice day Reiner,

trici

Reiner
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Reiner »

Hi Trici,

My problem with your first statement was that your definition of "European" does not seem to include "native English speakers." In my mind, many Europeans are native English speakers. Do you disagree?

Have a great weekend,
Reiner

trici
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von trici »

Reiner hat geschrieben:Hi Trici,

My problem with your first statement was that your definition of "European" does not seem to include "native English speakers." In my mind, many Europeans are native English speakers. Do you disagree?

Have a great weekend,
Reiner
Jesus, you are correct ... !
I was that lost in how to write it clear, I forgotten the English as European ... shame on me.
That was not deliberately at all, maybe it was some kind of Freudian slip since the English administration clings to Mr Bush that close.

Sorry to all English folks here! I'm dreadfully sorry for me embarrassing slip. I hope no-one's pissed off now. :oops:

Peace

trici

P.S.: Is there anything left what gets in the way of talking about the main issue?

Antworten