Greetings from Hamburg!!

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
snoopy70
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Greetings from Hamburg!!

Beitrag von snoopy70 »

Hello!

My name's Frank (36) and I live in Hamburg, a big city in the very north of Germany. By trade
I'm a musician (guitarist). Of course, you can't live on a few concerts so I give some private guitar
lessons and, since yesterday, work in an institution where children between 10 and 14 get help with their homework. Besides, I offer a kind of guitar-workshop there.
In my spare time (when the guitar exercises are finished) I try to improve my English skills. At the moment, I'm learning some lists with fairy unusual words which are purported to appear in most GRE-tests (I wonder, if it makes any sense to swot up such words :denk: )

Unfortunately, I've almost no practice in speaking English so I'd be very grateful to receive any help (e.g. via skype). If you're a native Engl. speaker (from GB, US, Austr.etc.) and you'd like to improve your German, it would be a pleasure for me to help you. :)

Frank
Zuletzt geändert von snoopy70 am 8. Mai 2006 20:26, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

raincat
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: German

Re: Greetings from Hamburg!!

Beitrag von raincat »

Hi, Frank

welcome here! Seems to be lots of musicians here as written in other threads (f.i. in the chatterbox) and some of them are guitar player.

I play the guitar, too but only for my own and w/o any claim to be perfect. To me it's a fine and relaxing hobby.

Hope you have fun in giving private lessons and in your work with children.

bye/raincat :)
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. Margaret Lee Runbeck

Antworten