Greetings from Cologne

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Liza
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

Greetings from Cologne

Beitrag von Liza »

Hello, nice greetings from Cologne.
I'm studying media economics. We also have English lessons, but only about 2 terms.

At school I learned English about 8 years, but after then I had a long break and forgot many vocabularies and grammar rules.

But I think, English is very important for my eductional development even if I don't want to work internationally.

At the moment I'm feeling really bad, because it is so unusal to write in English or even to talk in English.

Nice greetings from rainy cologne

raincat
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: German

Re: Greetings from Cologne

Beitrag von raincat »

Hi, Liza

welcome here! I think it's a very good and friendly place for practising some English. :) Hope you'll enjoy it!

bye, raincat :bye:

PS. I like Cologne very much and already looking forward to stay there for a 2-day-seminar mid of May!
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. Margaret Lee Runbeck

Liza
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

thx for your message

Beitrag von Liza »

today I had my English lesson like every wednesday.
It was ok.
Our teacher is a native speaker, he comes from Australia.

Sometimes it is very tricky to understand what he says.

In our lesson we talked about jobs, job interviews, an what job we want to do after studying.
that's ok, but it is a little bit difficult to talk in English when you don't know much vocabularies.

I'm a bit afraid of my future job interview, because I have heard that it can be possible to have a job interview in English changing in German or in an other way.

So I have to learn more vocabularies....

What seminar are you going to attend?

Greetz Liza

raincat
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: German

Re: thx for your message

Beitrag von raincat »

I was in the above mentioned situation in January 2000 when I applied for a job in a telecommunication company with head quarter in U.S. Then I'd chosen to take some private lessons (4 or 5 afternoons) on this special subject at Berlitz. Afterwards I felt well prepared. It's not cheap but worth that as it's a very individual training.

Unfortunately the real job interview was in German only ... :mrgreen:
Happiness is not a state to arrive at, but a manner of traveling. Margaret Lee Runbeck

Antworten