Korrektur relative clause & reported speech

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
mgerlachsc
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Korrektur relative clause & reported speech

Beitrag von mgerlachsc »

Hallo, ich benötige mal wieder Eure Hilfe.
relative clause & reported speech sind einfach nicht meine Freunde :(.
Bitte prüft mal gegen, wie ich mich so geschlagen habe. Vielen Dank :wink: .

relative clause:
Claire and Amandine are our colleagues from France who oder whom speak excellent English.
Where is the CV which I gave you last week?
He is the customer who has spoken to Katrin.
That was the speech that I mentioned.
Do you know the journalist who wrote the article on the new bicycle?
Have you seen that cyclist who is crossing the street?
I haven’t got a bowl which is big enough.
Don’t go near the snake which is really aggressive.
We have an accountant who was working for Bradley Food Systems since 1998 until 2009.

Write the questions in reported speech:
Do you think the school system in America is worse than in England? I asked Susan if she thinks that the school system in America is worse than in England.

Are you afraid of the new environment? I asked Susan if she is afraid of the new environment.

Don't you think it can be a positive experience for you and your family? I asked Susan if she didn’t think, that it might be a positive experience for her and her family.

Are you afraid of missing your relatives in England? I asked Susan if she is afraid of missing her relatives in England.

You are not ready to give up your life in Battersea, right? I asked Susan if she is not ready to give up her life in Battersea.

Is the risk of starting a new life in America too great for you? I asked Susan whether the risk of starting a new life in America is too great for her.

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Re: Korrektur relative clause & reported speech

Beitrag von Duckduck »

mgerlachsc hat geschrieben: Hallo, ich benötige mal wieder Eure Hilfe. Na dann schauen wir doch mal! Achja: auch Hallo!
relative clause & reported speech sind einfach nicht meine Freunde :(.
Bitte prüft mal gegen, wie ich mich so geschlagen habe. Vielen Dank :wink: .
Frage: War hier vorgegeben, welches Relativpronomen genommen werden sollte und hast du dir die Relativsätze inhaltlich selbst ausgedacht?
relative clause:
Claire and Amandine are our colleagues from France who oder whom speak excellent English. Wenn, dann "who", weil es im 1. Fall steht (wer oder was? spricht toll englisch). Aber ich würde eher vorschlagen, dass sich der Relativsatz auf das letzte vor ihm stehende Substantiv bezieht, hier France, also z.B. which is a beautiful country, I think.
Where is the CV (which) I gave you last week? Das ist so i.O.
:watch: Hast du schon mal von contact clauses gehört? Dies hier wäre ein Beispiel für einen Relativsatz, bei dem im Englischen das Relativpronomen weggelassen werden kann. Das funktioniert dann, wenn im Relativsatz ein eigenes, vom Hauptsatz abweichendes Subjekt vorhanden ist.

He is the customer who has spoken to Katrin. OK
That was the speech (that) I mentioned. OK, auch hier wäre contact clause möglich
Do you know the journalist who wrote the article on the new bicycle? OK
Have you seen that cyclist who is crossing the street? OK
I haven’t got a bowl which is big enough. OK
Don’t go near the snake which is really aggressive. OK
We have an accountant who was working for Bradley Food Systems from 1998 until 2009.

Was weißt du über die Regeln für die indirekte Rede und den sogenannten backshift of tenses? :shock: :wink:
MERKE und gucke bitte selbst noch mal nach:
:watch: 1. Steht das Verb im Einleitungssatz im Present, Present Perfect oder im Future, bleibt die Zeit in der indirekten Rede gleich.
:watch: 2. Steht das Verb im Einleitungssatz im Past, Past Perfect oder im Conditional, verändert sich die Zeitform und zwar springt sie um eine Stufe zurück (= backshift). vgl. Punkt 4: https://www.englisch-hilfen.de/grammar/reported.htm

Do you think the school system in America is worse than in England? I asked Susan if she thinks that the school system in America is worse than in England.

Are you afraid of the new environment? I asked Susan if she is afraid of the new environment.

Don't you think it can be a positive experience for you and your family? I asked Susan if she didn’t think, that it might be a positive experience for her and her family.

Are you afraid of missing your relatives in England? I asked Susan if she is afraid of missing her relatives in England.

You are not ready to give up your life in Battersea, right? I asked Susan if she is not ready to give up her life in Battersea.

Is the risk of starting a new life in America too great for you? I asked Susan whether the risk of starting a new life in America is too great for her.
Liebe Grüße
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

mgerlachsc
Tongue Twister

Re: Korrektur relative clause & reported speech

Beitrag von mgerlachsc »

Frage: War hier vorgegeben, welches Relativpronomen genommen werden sollte und hast du dir die Relativsätze inhaltlich selbst ausgedacht?
Ich hatte hier Vorgaben und bei dem letzten Satz tat ich mir schwer, weil ich ihn irgendwie an sich komisch
finde....
Complete the sentences 1–8 with a relative pronoun (who, which etc.) and a phrase from a–h, e. g. This is the advertisement that I told you about:
1. Bob and Helen are the people in the department ...
2. This is the challenge ...
3. What’s the name of the company ...
4. I work in a team ...
5. She’s the secretary ...
6. Is Katrin the woman ...
7. Pete Churchill is the supplier ...
8. Claire and Amandine are our colleagues from France..

a) ... business card I gave you so that you could buy some things for the office.
b) ... I have been waiting for for years.
c) ... works well together and therefore usually gets good results.
d) ... speak excellent English.
e) ... have the highest qualifications and the most experience.
f) ... boss is retiring today.
g) ... you sent your application to?
h) ... comes from Germany?

Meine Lösungen:
1. Bob and Helen are the people in the department who have the highest qualifications and the most experience.
2. This is the challenge which I have been waiting for years.
3. What’s the name of the company which you sent your application to?
4. I work in a team that works well together and therefore usually gets good results. 
5. She’s the secretary whose business card I gave you so that you could buy some things for the office.
6. Is Katrin the woman who comes from Germany? 
7. Pete Churchill is the supplier whose boss is retiring today.
8. Claire and Amandine are our colleagues from France who speak excellent English.

Hast du schon mal von contact clauses gehört? Dies hier wäre ein Beispiel für einen Relativsatz, bei dem im Englischen das Relativpronomen weggelassen werden kann. Das funktioniert dann, wenn im Relativsatz ein eigenes, vom Hauptsatz abweichendes Subjekt vorhanden ist.
Ja, da war was... Hab mir das jetzt nochmal durchgelesen und ich denke ich verstehe es jetzt.
Da contact clauses nicht gefordert war, habe ich den Satz nochmal umgebaut:
ALT: That was the speech (that) I mentioned.
NEU: That was the speech that had contributed to the victory.

Was weißt du über die Regeln für die indirekte Rede und den sogenannten backshift of tenses?  
Das schaue ich mir nochmal genauer an und komme bestimmt nochmal auf Dich zurück, wenn ich die Sätze gebildet habe.
Vielen Dank nochmal, Du hast mir hier schon sehr geholfen.

Antworten