Korrektur meiner Einsendeaufgaben

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
mgerlachsc
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Korrektur meiner Einsendeaufgaben

Beitrag von mgerlachsc »

Hallo Zusammen :) ,
es wäre super, wenn Ihr meine Aufgaben mal gegenlesen bzw. korrigieren könntet. Ich "kämpfe" mich da alleine durch und bin dankbar für jeden "Verbesserungsvorschlag" :spin: .
Vielen Dank vorab.

A - Complete these sentences with a phrase in the past continuoues:

1. Her brakes failed when she was driving towards to the crossroads.
2. He did a PhD while he was working as a waiter.
3. There was an announcement when we were waiting at the train station.
4. We saw a musical while we were visiting Hamburg.
5. I made a mistake when I was calculating the task.
6. Our food was brought while I was going to the toilet. 
7. He cut himself when he was preparing the salad.
8. Bob arrived when I was shopping for the evening meal.

B - Complete these sentences with a phrase in the simple past:

1. When we were looking out of the window, a car crashed into the neighbour’s fence.
2. While she was giving a presentation, the beamer didn’t work. 
3. When we were watching television, the phone rang.
4. While I was looking for my keys, my son played in the garden.
5. When the plane was taking off, I closed my eyes.
6. While she was sleeping, her husband cleaned the kitchen.
7. When I was overtaking a car on the motorway, a fox crossed the road.
8. While we were writing the invitations, loud music played in the background.

C- Answer these questions using a sentence in the past perfect:

1. Why couldn’t he find his key? Because he had given them to his wife. 
2. Why did they call an ambulance? Because the biker hadn’t badly hurt.
3. Why didn’t she pass the exam? She passed the exam because she hadn’t learned enough.
4. Why did you walk to work? I walked to work because I had brought my car to the garage for service.
5. Why wasn’t he allowed to board the airplane? Because his passport had expired.
6. Why did Helen look thinner? Because she had started a diet three weeks ago.

D- Report what these people said:
1. Katrin: “I am going to visit my parents tomorrow.” Katrin told me that she was going to visit her parents the next day.
2. Bob: “I will talk to the trainees when I get back from Belgium.” Bob promised that he would talk to the trainees when he got back from Belgium.
3. Claire: “We met some nice American people while we were visiting London las year.” Claire said that they had met some nice American people while they had been visiting London last year.
4. Helen: “I am too busy to read these e-mails at the moment.” Helen said that she was too busy to read those e-mails at the moment.
5. Michael: “Katrin has not finished writing her letter but she is going to send it as soon as she had. Michael said that Katrin hadn’t finished writing her letter but she was going to send it as soon as she had.
6. Amadine: “We weren’t able to reach our boss on the phone.” Amadine told me that they hadn’t been able to reached their boss on the phone.

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Re: Korrektur meiner Einsendeaufgaben

Beitrag von Duckduck »

mgerlachsc hat geschrieben: Hallo Zusammen :) ,
es wäre super, wenn Ihr meine Aufgaben mal gegenlesen bzw. korrigieren könntet. Ich "kämpfe" mich da alleine durch und bin dankbar für jeden "Verbesserungsvorschlag" :spin: .
Vielen Dank vorab.

Willkommen im Forum, mgerlachsc!
  :)

A - Complete these sentences with a phrase in the past continuoues:

1. Her brakes failed when she was driving towards to the crossroads.
2. He did a PhD while he was working as a waiter.
3. There was an announcement when we were waiting at the train station.
4. We saw a musical while we were visiting Hamburg.
5. I made a mistake when I was calculating the task.
6. Our food was brought while I was going to the toilet. 
7. He cut himself when he was preparing the salad.
8. Bob arrived when I was shopping for the evening meal.

B - Complete these sentences with a phrase in the simple past:

1. When we were looking out of the window, a car crashed into the neighbour’s fence.
2. While she was giving a presentation, the beamer didn’t work. 
3. When we were watching television, the phone rang.
4. While I was looking for my keys, my son played in the garden.
5. When the plane was taking off, I closed my eyes.
6. While she was sleeping, her husband cleaned the kitchen.
7. When I was overtaking a car on the motorway, a fox crossed the road.
8. While we were writing the invitations, loud music played in the background.
Deine Antworten sind richtig, man könnte bei einigen inhaltlich ins Grübeln kommen bei der Unterscheidung zwischen "when" und "while"-Einleitungen.

C- Answer these questions using a sentence in the past perfect:

1. Why couldn’t he find his key? (Because) Well, he had given them to his wife. Wenn wir so richtig schönen Stil wünschen, beginnen wir einen Satz nicht mit "because".
2. Why did they call an ambulance? Because the biker hadn’t badly hurt. 1. hier fehlt "been" und 2. inhaltlich seltsam, Krankenwagen, weil er nicht schwer verletzt war? und 3. "because" s.o.
3. Why didn’t she pass the exam? She passed the exam because she hadn’t learned enough. Aufgepasst beim Lesen: gefragt war, warum sie nicht bestanden hat.
4. Why did you walk to work? I walked to work because I had taken my car to the garage for service. "bring" und "take" sind etwas tricky, weil es um die Perspektive geht: "bring" -> der Empfänger sieht den Bringer kommen (Richtung auf ihn zu), "take" ->
die Richtung folgt dem Bringer.   
A: Can you bring the sausages to the barbecue tonight?
B: Yes, of course. I will take them to your house straight from the shop.

5. Why wasn’t he allowed to board the airplane? Because his passport had expired. "because" s.o.
6. Why did Helen look thinner? Because she had started a diet three weeks ago. 1. "because" s.o. und 2. die Frage, ob man "ago" mit Past Perfect kombinieren kann, wird unter Grammatikanern durchaus kontrovers diskutiert... (Signalwort für Past)

D- Report what these people said:
1. Katrin: “I am going to visit my parents tomorrow.” Katrin told me that she was going to visit her parents the next day.
2. Bob: “I will talk to the trainees when I get back from Belgium.” Bob promised that he would talk to the trainees when he got back from Belgium.
3. Claire: “We met some nice American people while we were visiting London last year.” Claire said that they had met some nice American people while they had been visiting London the year before.
4. Helen: “I am too busy to read these e-mails at the moment.” Helen said that she was too busy to read those e-mails at that moment.
5. Michael: “Katrin has not finished writing her letter but she is going to send it as soon as she has (sonst falsche Zeitform). Michael said that Katrin hadn’t finished writing her letter but she was going to send it as soon as she had.
6. Amadine: “We weren’t able to reach our boss on the phone.” Amadine told me that they hadn’t been able to reached their boss on the phone. Schade, aber ich nehme an, da hast du nur nicht aufgepasst.
Insgesamt gut. Immer weiter so!
Frohe Ostern noch!

Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

mgerlachsc
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von mgerlachsc »

Vielen Dank für die Korrektur, Duckduck :) .
Mit der Aufgabe C habe ich mich echt am schwersten getan (und nicht immer richtig gelesen :uppy: )
Hier meine Änderungen zu C- Answer these questions using a sentence in the past perfect:
2. Why did they call an ambulance? They called the ambulance because the biker had been badly hurt.
3. Why didn’t she pass the exam? She didn’t pass the exam because she hadn’t learned enough.
5. Why wasn’t he allowed to board the airplane? He wasn’t allowed to board the airplane because his passport had expired.
6. Why did Helen look thinner? I think, she had started a diet for a month.
Gilt das mit dem Stil bei "because" nur wenn es am Anfang eines Satzes vorkommt oder ist es allgemein? Mir fällt es schwer  Alternativen zu finden (denke hier aber vielleicht auch nur etwas einsichtig).

Vielen Dank nochmal.

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

mgerlachsc hat geschrieben: Vielen Dank für die Korrektur, Duckduck :) . Danke für das Danke, mgerlachsc! :freak2:
Mit der Aufgabe C habe ich mich echt am schwersten getan (und nicht immer richtig gelesen :uppy: )
Hier meine Änderungen zu C- Answer these questions using a sentence in the past perfect:
2. Why did they call an ambulance? They called the ambulance because the biker had been badly hurt.
3. Why didn’t she pass the exam? She didn’t pass the exam because she hadn’t learned enough.
5. Why wasn’t he allowed to board the airplane? He wasn’t allowed to board the airplane because his passport had expired.
6. Why did Helen look thinner? I think, she had *started a diet for a month.
Gilt das mit dem Stil bei "because" nur wenn es am Anfang eines Satzes vorkommt oder ist es allgemein? Vielleicht verstehe ich deine Frage nicht richtig, natürlich kann man "because" als Beginn eines begründenden Nebensatzes an den Anfang stellen, aber am Anfang eines Satzes nach einen Punkt ist es stilistisch nicht erwünscht. Mir fällt es schwer  Alternativen zu finden (denke hier aber vielleicht auch nur etwas einsichtig). Zum Einen hast du eine Alternative schon gefunden, man wiederholt die Frage als Einleitung und schließt daran den "because"-Satz an. Du kannst aber auch einfach ein "Well," oder ein "That was" odgl voranstellen, oder du umgehst das "because" einfach auch mal, indem du auf 3. z.B. antwortest Well, she hadn't learned enough, that lazy cow! oder auf 4. He hadn't checked his passport before booking the flight.
Jetzt sind sie alle OK bis auf den letzten. Das "started" ist in dem Satzzusammenhang semantisch nicht möglich, da man eine Diät nicht 1 Monat lang anfangen kann. Lass es einfach weg und versuche es z.B. so: I think, she had been on a diet for a month before the photos were taken.

Vielen Dank nochmal.
Prima! :freu:
Grüße
Duckduck

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Nochmal Danke für das erneute Danke! :big_thumb:
Gerade fällt mir noch ein, dass ich vielleicht bei dem letzten Satz ein Missverständnis übersehen habe, nämlich:
"a month ago" = "vor einem Monat"
ABER
"for a month" = "einen Monat lang", niemals "vor einem Monat"

Grüße
Duckduck

mgerlachsc
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von mgerlachsc »

Super, vielen lieben Dank nochmal für die ausführlichen Erklärungen.
Hat mir sehr geholfen.
Dir noch eine schöne Woche.

Antworten