Ashcroft

Alles zu Liedern, Filmen und anderen "netten" Sachen.
All about songs, films etc.
Antworten
CID
Linguistic Guru

Ashcroft

Beitrag von CID »

Attorney General Ashcroft is visiting an elementary school. After the typical civics presentation, he announces, "All right, boys and girls, you can all ask me questions now."
A young boy named Bobby raises his hand and says, "I have 3 questions: 1. How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore? 2. Why are you using the USA Patriot Act to limit Americans' civil liberties? 3. Why hasn't the U.S. caught Osama Bin Laden yet?"
Just then the bell sounds and all the kids run out to the playground. Fifteen minutes later, the kids come back in class and again Ashcroft says, "I'm sorry we were interrupted by the bell. Now, you can all ask me questions."
A young girl raises her hand and says, "I have 5 questions: 1. How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore? 2. Why are you using the USA Patriot Act to limit Americans' civil liberties? 3. Why hasn't the U.S. caught Osama Bin Laden yet? 4. Why did the bell go off 20 minutes early? 5. Where's Bobby?"

CID
Linguistic Guru

Beitrag von CID »

Brit about differences between American and British English:

"Americans have different ways of saying things.
They say "elevator", we say "lift" ...'
They say "President", we say "stupid psychopathic git."

CID
Linguistic Guru

Beitrag von CID »

A TEST OF YOUR ETHICS: What would you do?
This test only has one question, but it's an important one. Don't answer without giving it serious thought.

The test features an unlikely, completely fictional situation in which you will have to make an important moral choice. Remember, your answer must be honest but spontaneous.

Please scroll down slowly - this is important for the test to work correctly.

You are in Florida...

In Miami, in a helicopter.

There is chaos all around below you - massive floods caused by a hurricane.

You are a CNN photographer...

...in the middle of this disaster ......

.... trying to take a Pulitzer prize-winning photo.

Houses and people are floating around you, being swept under the raging water...

Suddenly you see a man, desperately trying to steer a Hummer through the water...

.... fighting to prevent the monster SUV from being swept away, but rapidly losing the battle.

You look closer...

...and you recognize the man:

It's George W. Bush!

The raging waters are about to sweep him away forever...

You have two options. You can save the life of George W. or you can shoot the picture of your life... and thereby cause the death of our President.

So, here's the question: (Please give an honest answer)

Black & white or color?

CID
Linguistic Guru

Beitrag von CID »

Once upon a time, long, long ago, there was a Presidential election that was too close to call. Neither the Republican presidential candidate nor the Democratic presidential candidate had enough votes to win the election. Therefore, it was decided that there should be an ice fishing contest between the two candidates to determine the final win ner.

There was much talk about ballot recounting, court challenges, etc., but a week-long ice fishing competition seemed the (manly) way to settle things. The candidate who catches the most fish at the end of the week wins. After a lot of back and forth discussion, it was decided that the contest would take place on a remote, cold, icey lake in Wisconsin. There were to be no observers present and both men were to be sent out separately on this remote lake and return daily with their catch for counting and verification.

At the end of the first day, Kerry returns to the headquarters and he has 10 fish. Soon, Bush, who has answers to everything, but no plan, returns and has zero fish.

Well, everyone assumes he is just having another bad hair day or something and hopefully, he will catch up the next day. At the end of the 2nd day Kerry comes in with 20 fish and Bush comes in again with none.

That evening, Dole gets together secretly with Bush and says, "I think Kerry is a lowlife cheatin' son-of-a-gun. I want you to go out tomorrow and don't even bother with fishing. Just spy on him and see if he is cheating in any way."

The next night (after Kerry comes back with 50 fish), Dole says to Bush, "Well, what about it? Is Kerry. cheatin?'"

"He sure is, he's cutting holes in the ice."

CID
Linguistic Guru

Beitrag von CID »

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure.“

George W. Bush

(Who would have guessed?)

Antworten