Stream of consciousness schreiben

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
retsiwt
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Stream of consciousness schreiben

Beitrag von retsiwt »

Hallo,

ich habe einen stream of consciousness, also eine Art Gedankenstrom bzw. inneren Monolog geschrieben. Ich bin mir aber nicht so sicher, ob die sprachliche Gestaltung für diese Textart geeignet ist. Sollte man dabei noch mehr auf die eigenen Gefühl der Person eingehen oder weniger ausformulierte Sätze benutzen?

Außerdem würde es mich freuen, wenn ihr mich auf Fehler hinweisen könntet, die ihr findet.

Now, I am sitting here without any certainty about what will happen next. I’ve lost my husband and have to deal with the situation of raising my children. But why has fate chosen me to gain this painful experience? I am confronted with doubts and fears, but as long as my children love me, I will try everything to start a new phase of our life without any worries about famine or having no place to sleep. At the moment, I feel depressed and helpless but I know that there will appear a light at the end of the tunnel if I believe in myself. I blame myself for not being able to give my children a better place to live, to help them to change their lives and prevent them from getting into the same position I am in. It’s me who shows them the negative aspects of life, how hard it can be to live on earth. However, they are still so young and shouldn’t have to deal with such a situation in this young age. We are suffering from famine and poor living conditions, needing the help of others, which isn’t the side of life my children should experience. So, I will work even harder and hope for more support to make their lives as good as possible.
Vielen Dank

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Re: Stream of consciousness schreiben

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Hi retsiwt und willkommen im Forum! :)

Ich bin jetzt mal ganz einfach offen und sage Dir: nein, das ist kein stream of consciousness. Dafür ist es zu ausformuliert und logisch aufeinander aufgebaut. Ein besonderes Merkmal dieses literarischen Stilmittels ist, dass die oftmals fast wirr erscheinenden Gedanken der Figur in nicht fertig ausformulierten Sätzen präsentiert werden, dass Assoziationen zu Gedankensprüngen führen, dass nicht Logik herrscht, sondern Eindrücke sprachlich verarbeitet werden, ganz unvorhersehbar von anderen unterbrochen werden usw. Außerdem sollte die Wortwahl eher umgangssprachlich sein, keinesfalls "gestelzt" - no offence. Deshalb erlaube ich mir, Deinen Text mal nicht zu korrigieren, sondern präsentiere einen möglichen Anfang der von Dir entworfenen Situation. Vielleicht magst Du es noch mal versuchen?

Alone, alone, so quiet...where are Annie and Mike...you should always know where your kids are...look after them, care for them...can't leave it to David, always with his head up in the clouds...planning, scheming, dreaming...where is he I would like to know...late, always late, keeping us waiting for dinner, what will I give them, no bread no milk...is he ever going to come with this shopping - when... oooh he's not, is he, not coming back, never back to us, 9 years of marriage and he leaves me all alone, by myself...with the kids needing needing needing...now what? how will I cope...how can he leave me like this, die on me like this...not coming back...no bread no milk

Nur mal so aus der Bewegung :rolleyes: 

Grüße
Joyceduck :chief:    
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

retsiwt
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von retsiwt »

Okay, danke erstmal für den Hinweis. Jetzt bin ich mir selbst nicht mehr so sicher, ob ich wirklich diese Art von Text schreiben sollte. Ist der Schreibstil bei einem inneren Monolog nochmal anders?
Kannst du meinen ursprünglichen Text vielleicht dennoch korrigieren? 

retsiwt
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von retsiwt »

Ich habe noch mal darüber nachgedacht und werde es glaube ich in diesem Stil lassen, obwohl es dann kein stream of consciousness ist. Kann ich aber vielleicht an einigen Formulierungen noch etwas verbessern oder sie irgendwie einfacher machen?

retsiwt
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von retsiwt »

Hier noch mal eine leicht veränderte Variante:
Now, I am sitting here without any certainty about what will happen next. I’ve lost my husband and have to deal with the situation of raising my children. But why has fate chosen me to gain that painful experience? I am confronted with doubts and fears, but as long as my children love me, I will try everything to start a new phase of our life without any worries about famine or having no place to sleep. At the moment, I feel depressed and helpless, but I know that there will appear a light at the end of the tunnel if I believe in myself. I blame myself for not being able to give my children a better place to live, to help them to change their lives and prevent them from getting into the same position I am in. It’s me who shows them the negative aspects of life, how hard it can be to live on earth. However, they are still so young and shouldn’t have to deal with such a situation at this young age. We are suffering from famine and poor living conditions, needing the help of others, which isn’t the side of life my children should experience. So, I will work even harder and hope for more support to make their lives as good as possible.

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

retsiwt hat geschrieben:Hi retsiwt, dann wollen wir mal sehen.

Lassen wir die Frage nach der beabsichtigten Art des Textes einfach mal beiseite, so bleibt trotzdem ein Eindruck von "hier stimmt was nicht", den ich erst nach mehrmaligem Lesen benennen kann: die beschriebene Situation und die Sprache passen einfach nicht zusammen. Eine arme, verwitwete, verzweifelte Mutter macht sich Sorgen und Vorwürfe - aber ihre Sprache ist eher hochgestochen und die Konstruktion der Sätze manchmal übermäßig kompliziert (eher deutsch als englisch...). Das heiß überhaupt nicht, dass es sich  um fehlerhaftes Englisch handeln würde, sondern nur um der Situation nicht angepasstes. Deshalb mache ich eher Vorschläge bzgl. Stil und Ausdruck, OK?

Hier noch mal eine leicht veränderte Variante:

Now I am sitting here without any idea / a clue what will happen next.

I’ve lost my husband and have to deal with the situation of raising my children. -> My husband is dead / gone and I'll have to bring up the children by myself.

But why has fate chosen me to gain that painful experience? -> Why me? What have I done to deserve this?

I am confronted with doubts and fears, but as long as my children love me, I will try everything to start a new phase of our life without any worries about famine or having no place to sleep. -> I'm not sure I can handle this! With no money in the bank, what will I do about food and a place to live? Oh, but there has to be a way to cope - as long as we love each other - we will find a way!

At the moment, I feel depressed and helpless, but I know that there will appear a light at the end of the tunnel if I believe in myself. -> No wonder I'm down right now, I'm in shock and who can blame me. But as they say, where there's life, there's hope. One step at a time, I'll do it. I know I can do it!

I blame myself for not being able to give my children a better place to live, to help them to change their lives and prevent them from getting into the same position I am in. -> Seems I wasn't a huge success as a role model for the kids in the past. This place is disgusting, I have to show them the way out of here, out of this way of life. 

It’s me who shows them the negative aspects of life, how hard it can be to live on earth. -> So far, most of the things they know and have seen are dirt, hunger and violence.

However, they are still so young and shouldn’t have to deal with such a situation at this young age. -> At their age, they should never have seen fighting drunks in the street or come home to find there's no food in the house.

We are suffering from famine and poor living conditions, needing the help of others, which isn’t the side of life my children should experience. -> Until now our life has been a disgrace, we can't get by without others helping us, kids shouldn't have to grow up like this.

So, I will work even harder and hope for more support to make their lives as good as possible. OK

So, das sind meine Vorschläge, :) Du merkst, es ist ein ganz anderer Sprachstil. Natürlich Geschmackssache und nochmal ganz deutlich: Dein Englisch ist keinesfalls falsch gewesen, nur etwas zu kompliziert und hochgestochen.

Grüße
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

Antworten