Erasmus exchange stay - motivation letter

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
Chrisgoon
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

Erasmus exchange stay - motivation letter

Beitrag von Chrisgoon »

Hi there
I will participate in a two-semester Erasmus exchange program at a Finish university.
They are asking for a motivation letter and I would be more than grateful if some could review my draft.
Thanks a lot in advance!

"
Dear Sir or Madam,
with this letter I would like to motivate my application for double degree studies at ..... during the academic year 2018/2019.
My name is ... and I am a second semester International Engineering & Economics student at ..... I grew up in Kiel, northern Germany where I visited a grammar school emphasizing business management and economics. After passing the A-Levels, I completed an apprenticeship as an Industrial Business Management Assistant and therefore already collected comprehensive knowledge of the professional environment in an industrial company. Furthermore, I was able to improve my English on a one-year Working Holiday stay in Canada where I was working as a sales associate.

I have always been very interested in vehicle technology and gained hands-on experience in working on bicycles, motorcycles and cars. Therefore my degree course IEE with its unique combination of engineering and business knowledge and practical sales training perfectly goes along with my skills, interests and previous education.
Currently I am participating in the “Buddy Program” of our University where I help our international students with navigating bureaucratic, cultural and general hurdles that an exchange year involves.
Summing up my previous experiences, in addition to my interest in traveling and getting to know new cultures and languages, I am convinced that I am qualified for the double degree programme at your University and that I can benefit a lot from this opportunity both personally and professionally.
What is more, I want to stress that I very much look forward to gaining an insight into Finland’s renowned digitalization progress since this is one of the most important topics of our time.

Thank you very much in advance for considering my application and I am looking forward to hearing from you.
If there are any questions please feel free to contact me.
"

Antworten