Need your help

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
Flow
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Need your help

Beitrag von Flow »

Hello :-)
I am deeply desperate. For my new job I need to improve my english. I am at my wits' end because I do not see any progresses.I have been reactivating it for more than 2 months but I still feel embarassed and trapped as soon as I have to speak it. Could you help me in the following tense. I need to annonce it in front of a group and I would like to nail it well.
"I am a new member of the XYteam and I am glad to be here with you. I hope you are going to like the show. As I am a new member I am going to be a part of the audience today. But I am sure my colleagues are going to inform you about anything you need to know about XY. Enjoy it!"
Could you correct my mistakes? I am sure there will be some :-)

Thanks!!!

Flow

Flow
Bilingual Newbie

Re: Need your help

Beitrag von Flow »

I was rereading my post and it was barely bearable to face the fact of not being able to speak English well. I would like to cancel it but I guess I have to go through this feeling of embarrassment and shame. It's a way to face and challenge my fear.
Sorry for my mistakes. But... If I were flawless I wouldn't be here maybe.
Thanks again.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Flow hat geschrieben: Hello :-)
I am very desperate. For my new job I need to improve my English. I am at my wits' end because I do not see any progress. I have been relearning my English for more than 2 months but I still feel embarassed and trapped as soon as I have to speak it. Could you help me with the following sentences? I need to present them in front of a group and I would like to do it well.

"I am a new member of the XY team and I am glad to be here with you. I hope you are going to like the show. As I am a new member I am going to be a part of the audience today. But I am sure my colleagues are going to inform you about anything you need to know about XY. Enjoy it!"

Could you correct my mistakes? I am sure there will be some :-)

Thanks!!!

Flow
Flow hat geschrieben: I was re-reading my post and I could hardly cope with the fact that I don't speak English very well. I would like to delete it but I guess I have to go through this feeling of embarrassment and shame. It's a way to face and challenge my fear.
Sorry for my mistakes. But... if I was perfect, then I would probably not here.
Thanks again.
Hi Flow,

I think you worry too much. Your English is not as bad as you think. Double-check your vocabulary and re-do the grammar lessons and the rest will come in time.

Good luck with your presentation! :) 
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Flow
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Flow »

Dear Keswick,
thank you so much. And yes, I am able to relate your corrections. Thank you!!!!

Antworten