Hello from Kiel

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
littlesister
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Hello from Kiel

Beitrag von littlesister »

Hello everybody,
my name is Johanna and currently I am studying agricultural sciences in Kiel, but originally I am more from the middle of Germany.
I haven't used my English since my Abitur in 2013, so it's a little bit rusty. I can read and understand most, but my writing and speaking isn't well (and my vocabulary knowledge isn't the best, because in school we've always used dictionaries...).
In future life I will need Englisch (for work and further studies) and the English courses at the university are full, so I decided to register here. Maybe someone would like to help me to train my English :-)

Now I will look around in the forum,
best wishes, Johanna

Keswick
English Legend

Re: Hello from Kiel

Beitrag von Keswick »

littlesister hat geschrieben:Hello everybody,
My name is Johanna and currently I am studying agricultural sciences in Kiel, but originally I am more from the middle of Germany.
I haven't used my English since my Abitur (A-levels) in 2013, so it's a little bit rusty. I can read and understand most, but my writing and speaking isn't good (and my vocabulary knowledge isn't the best either, because in school we've always used dictionaries...). In future (life) I will need English (for work and further studies) and the English courses at the university are full, so I decided to register here. Maybe someone would like to help me to train my English :-)

Now I will have a look around in the forum,
best wishes, Johanna
Hi Johanna,

Welcome to the forum! I think your English is rather good!  :tup: If you ever want any grammar exercises or essays corrected, just post them in the appropriate forum and one of us will have a look at them :)

Keswick
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

littlesister
Bilingual Newbie

Re: Hello from Kiel

Beitrag von littlesister »

Hello Keswick,
Thany your for the nice welcome :D  My main problem is the long time I did not use English.
In school I've been the best girl in the in the english class (but the others have been realy bad...). I think I've never understood the language totally, I've always used my sense (my way to write a text was always like 'it sounds good, it could be correct'), and I think it worked.
But today I don't have the practice, so I decided to look at the grammar basics again.
Johanna

Antworten