Looking for someone, who wants to help me to imrove my English.

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Melina3112
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

Looking for someone, who wants to help me to imrove my English.

Beitrag von Melina3112 »

Hello everyone,
I am living in England as an au pair since 3 months now and I would like to improve my English. I will be here 7 months more. 
Maybe there's someone here, who would like to chat with me, to correct me and to help me to improve my English this way? 

Kind Regards,
Melina

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Looking for someone, who wants to help me to imrove my English.

Beitrag von Keswick »

Melina3112 hat geschrieben:Hello everyone,
I have been living in England as an au pair for 3 months now and I would like to improve my English. I will be here for another 7 months. Maybe there's someone here, who would like to chat with me, to correct me and to help me to improve my English this way? 

Kind Regards,
Melina
Hi Melina,

Welcome to the forum :) Whereabouts in England are you?
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Melina3112
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Melina3112 »

Hi Keswick, 
thanks for correcting me :) 

I am living near Reading :)

Duckduck
Anglo Master
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Hi Melina3112,

Nice to have you here!

Don't get me wrong, but why do you think you need to improve your English in an English forum when you are right "in the thick of the action", so to speak? Where better to learn speaking the language than in the country where it's spoken? :big_thumb: 

Anyway, we look forward to your reports and stories about your life in an English/British ? family. Fire away! (Don't hit the duck, though...)!!!

Love,
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

Melina3112
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Melina3112 »

Duckduck hat geschrieben:Hi Melina3112,

Nice to have you here!

Don't get me wrong, but why do you think you need to improve your English in an English forum when you are right "in the thick of the action", so to speak? Where better to learn speaking the language than in the country where it's spoken? :big_thumb: 

Anyway, we look forward to your reports and stories about your life in an English/British ? family. Fire away! (Don't hit the duck, though...)!!!

Love,
Duckduck
Hey Duckduck, 
I think it, because I'm alone all day and so I'm not really talking except from the evenings or weekends or when I'm meeting Au-Pair friends :D so that's why I thought I can find someone, who wants to chat with me and help me to improve my English and also correct me (no one is really correcting my grammar here :D)
I am living in an English family, I think :D 

Schuyler
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: English (US)

Beitrag von Schuyler »

Hey Duckduck, 
I think I should use an online forum for help [no comma before "because," except when it is necessary to avoid confusion] because I'm alone all day and so I don't really talk to anybody except in the evening, at the weekends, or when I'm meeting au pair friends. :D So, that's why I thought I should find someone [no comma before a restrictive clause] who wants to chat with me, help me to improve my English, and also correct me (no one is really correcting my grammar here. :D)
I am living with an English family, I think. :D
Nice to meet you, Melina!

I would love to hear some stories about your experience in England, too. What kind of things do you do during the day? :)
American • she/they • sie/ihr
EN (L1) • DE (B2?) • PL (A1)

Melina3112
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Melina3112 »

Thanks for correcting me :) 

My main work is to take care of their two horses and four dogs. I am also doing the laundry of the family and cleaning the kitchen. That's pretty much all my work :) 

PitaBread
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von PitaBread »

Melina3112 hat geschrieben:Thanks for correcting me :) 

My main work is to take care of their two horses and four dogs. I am also doing the laundry of the family and cleaning the kitchen. That's pretty much all my work :) 
Hi! This is a cool thread. I'd never heard of this au pair thing before, until of course now. What's it like? Is it scary? Different country, different language, different family, ... must be strange. In another universe, there may well be a version of me living in Berlin, Germany.

You're better off saying: "I am also doing the family's laundry and cleaning the kitchen." In English, we don't tend to say thing of thing in the same sort of way as German does with the Genitiv case, such as, "Ich spiele gerade mit den Katzen der Familie."

You're welcome to message me if you have any questions regarding English; I'm happy to help, especially if you'd be willing to return the favor with regards to my German. :)
Mein Deutsch ist nicht perfekt, also sei bitte geduldig mit mir. Wir sehen uns!

Schuyler
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: English (US)

Beitrag von Schuyler »

My main work is to take care of their two horses and four dogs.
Oh, that sounds like fun! :) Do you like animals a lot? Here at our house, we have a lot of pets: four cats, a dog, and two guinea pigs. Spending time with them and taking care of their needs are some of my favorite things to do when I have free time.
American • she/they • sie/ihr
EN (L1) • DE (B2?) • PL (A1)

Melina3112
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Melina3112 »

PitaBread hat geschrieben:
What's it like? Is it scary? Different country, different language, different family, ... must be strange. In another universe, there may well be a version of me living in Berlin, Germany.
It's really cool! The family is so kind. They had many au pairs before me (they had to deal with their two children but they're adults now), so they know that everything was different for me. At first it was really hard but now I enjoy it :) 
It was scary at the beginning before I came to England because I didn't know them and they didn't know me but after the first day I felt like this is my home. :)

Melina3112
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Melina3112 »

Schuyler hat geschrieben:Oh, that sounds like fun! :) Do you like animals a lot? Here at our house, we have a lot of pets: four cats, a dog, and two guinea pigs. Spending time with them and taking care of their needs are some of my favorite things to do when I have free time.
Yes it is quite a lot fun :)  Yes I like animals a lot. I had two guinea pigs at home aswell :) they're so cute
I like to work with the horses and dogs and see how they make progress when you teach them some things or when you're working with them. It's also quite cool to see how their character is changing because of different people or the work you do with them :)

Antworten