Let's speak English here.
Antworten
darkpuridee
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

want to improve english skills, im offer german help

Beitrag von darkpuridee »

hey english guys,

i want to improve my english skills with you, and make an offer to help in german.

About me:

I'am from germany and was born there, i'm 21 years old and also an native german speaker

I want to improve my skills for my next holidays in canada and my other goal is to understand movies in orginal language

I think i need a better relationship with the principles

and also it is corret? "I think I need a better relationship with the principles"

my mind says still to me write it "I think I need a better relationship to the sentences"

hope for replys.

thanks

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Re: want to improve english skills, im offer german help

Beitrag von Delfino »

Thread title:
I want to improve my English skills, I am offering help in German
darkpuridee hat geschrieben:Hey English guys,

I want to improve my English skills with you, and I can make you an offer to help you in German.

About me:

I'am from Germany and was born here, I'm 21 years old and also a native German speaker.

I want to improve my skills for my next holidays in Canada, and my other goal is to understand movies in their orginal language.

I think, I need a better understanding of the grammatical principles to create proper English sentences.

Thanks.
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

darkpuridee
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von darkpuridee »

Hey delfino,

I thank you for correcting my message.

i think i'ts the wrong place for this, but i dont know.

so i ask here.

Can u say me, where i have write the letter begin large?

What i mean is: you corrected not ne I'am above "About me" but the "I " want to improve...."

the other thing is, where i use the differnce between I I'am and I'm? or is it all the same?

the same here: we are oder we're ?

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Beitrag von tiorthan »

I'm a bit bored (I'm sitting in a hotel room a few hundred kilometers from home) so I'm going to answer your questions.

So your first question is about capitalization (Groß- und Kleinschreibung). In English the rules of capitalization are easily enumerated.

You have to capitalize (= groß schreiben):
- the word "I". It's always written as "I" and never as "i".
- the beginning of each sentence and each paragraph
- all names including all geographical names (countries, cities, rivers), the names of languages and nationalities.
- all proper nouns

Your second question was what difference there is between "I am" (no apostrophe) and "I'm" and other contractions, as these are called. In normal language you're fine to use contractions. In everyday language using "I am" instead of "I'm" puts emphasis on the "am".
However, in formal written language contractions are often frowned upon, so you shouldn't use them for example in an essay or similar.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

Antworten