HI from Caro (GB)

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
caro64
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: Englisch

HI from Caro (GB)

Beitrag von caro64 »

:freu: I just felt like I wanted to pop in and say 'Hi there' I often use this site when I'm stuck for explanations. The site helps me a lot, so it's high time I say :big_thumb: THANK YOU :prost: CHEERS

I hope you're all keeping well - there might be some of you who still remember me but it has been a long time :redface:
Keep up the good work I shall try and pull my weight a bit - after all I have been getting a lot of use out of the site, so that would only be fair.
Until then,
hugs
Caro

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: HI from Caro (GB)

Beitrag von Keswick »

Hi Caro, welcome back! Haven't seen you in a while! Are you keeping well? :wink:
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

caro64
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von caro64 »

Hi Keswick,
yes I'm well what about you? Still in England?

I hope I find the time to look in more often now - lets see if that'll work :wink:

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Hello again,

I'm fine, thanks! Oh yes, still in England, and not planning to ever go back :D
It'd be great to have another native speaker on board! :freu:

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

CAAAAAAAAAAAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Hurray, you're back!
I'm having a little :dance: and :prost: and :freu: :freu: :freu: to celebrate your return. Care to join me, anyone?!

Cheers
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

caro64
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von caro64 »

:prost: It's a bit earley but who cares... CHEERS Duckduck, nice to be back. My English has got a bit rusty so don't hesitate to correct me if you see any mistakes. I shouldn't even label myself as a native speaker anymore after being out of Britain for so long :redface:, Sometimes I get rather frustrated and think 'My word - I can't speak German as well as I would like and my English is no where near perfect either' and to top it all up 'I'M GETTING OLD' I shouldn't of had that drink - it's made me all melancholy :lol:.
Anyway is there anything I should know, any changes :watch: any......... dangers :shock:

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

caro64 hat geschrieben: It's a bit earley but who cares... CHEERS Duckduck, nice to be back. My English has got a bit rusty so don't hesitate to correct me if you see any mistakes. I shouldn't even label myself as a native speaker anymore after being out of Britain for so long , Sometimes I get rather frustrated and think 'My word - I can't speak German as well as I would like and my English is no where near perfect either' and to top it all up 'I'M GETTING OLD' I shouldn't have had that drink - it's made me all melancholy .
Anyway is there anything I should know, any changes any......... dangers
:shock: I feel horrible correcting you though.. I mean correcting a native speaker is a wee bit arrogant isn't it? Anyway.. I did correct a tiny tiny thing!
I didn't know that you're living in Bavaria, Caro. I am originally from Lower Franconia - nice part of the world :big_thumb: How long have you been living there?

caro64
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von caro64 »

:lol: Ha ha , that's the problem I have when I write the way I talk .... should have = should've = should of
And no it's not arrogant, although I must admit, if it was coming from somebody else and less tactful, I might have thought it to be :mrgreen:
My kids always get a jelly baby when they find a mistake - what would you like from me Keswick? :D
Lower Franconia is that what we call here Nieder Franken?
I have been here for about 28 years now and I love it :jo:.
Bye for now,
Caro

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

I'd like a jelly baby please, a red one :D . Oh dear now I have the image of you turning around like Tom Baker in Dr Who "Care for a jelly baby?" :mrgreen:

I am from Unterfranken, more precisely from Würzburg but I live in a small village outside Newcastle upon Tyne these days :wink1:

caro64
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von caro64 »

Oh Keswick that's so funny - me as Tom Baker :shock: you saying that, I have just had a perm as well :lol: :mrgreen:

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Now you have to get the coat, the hat and the scarf, all available via the BBC and send me a photo. Honestly, not only would this make my day, this would make my decade! :mrgreen:

caro64
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von caro64 »

and ruin my life :mrgreen:

Antworten