Let's speak English here.
Antworten
GC German
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Hello there

Beitrag von GC German »

Hello,

my virtual name is German GC and I'm from North German. Presentely I'm in the thirteen form and in these year I'm will make my "Abitur". I like the English language and in the past I was really good in that! By this reason I take this subject as my "advanced" course but now I have many problems with it. It's very difficult now and I'm to be frightened, that it take my average of my "Abitur" down. My aspects are not very high, so the mark "3" (in English "C") will be suffice.

I hope you can help me. :(
I am to appreciate, if you will correct any post of me.

Keswick
English Legend

Re: Hello there

Beitrag von Keswick »

[quote="GC German"]Hello,

[/size]
My virtual name is German GC and I'm from Northern Germany. Currently I'm in year 13 and in this year I will make my "Abitur". I like the English language and in the past I was really good in English! This is why I chose English as my "advanced" course but now I have many problems with it. It's very difficult now and I am scared that the course might lower my grade point average of my "Abitur" down. My expectations are not very high, so the mark "3" (in English "C") would suffice.

I hope you can help me.
[/quote]

Welcome to the forum, CG German!

While I don’t want to sound too negative, there is still quite a lot of work to be done considering that you will do your A-Levels this year. When will the exams start?

From looking at your text, I’d say you have to focus on vocabulary to start with, and on sentence structure.

There are quite a few mistakes in your text, but don’t give up, ok? It’s do-able as long as you focus on your goal!

Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

GC German
Slow Speller

Re: Hello there

Beitrag von GC German »

Damn, I made a very bad mistake in my entrance post. My virtual name is GC German, no German GC haha. :D I don't care, how you call me.

Thanks for you correction. Something like this will really help. Normally, I'm not really bad in grammar tasks, but when I must write self-consistent a free text, I make mistakes like this, I don't find the right words and so on. The only way to improve that, I think, is to dispose this language in "real life".
I have not the time to travel to Great Britain, so I hope the virtual way can a little help.

My exams starting in May. I know, that I can't be a professinal in this little time. But still, I just dream by a "C", because this mark will not compromise my accreditation to my desirable study.
I am to appreciate, if you will correct any post of me.

Antworten