Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: starting a conversation!

Beitrag von Keswick »

Maike hat geschrieben:Hello everyone,

I'm new here and I would like to improve my English skills by writing with people...so, who is interested? :D

Does someone know the book "The Hunger Games"? It's one of my favourites because the story isn't becoming boring although there are three parts...quite the opposite!

I'm looking forward to an answer!!

Best regards!

Hello Maike,

Welcome to the forum! :)

I haven't read The Hunger Games, but I have started watching the first film. I wasn't too impressed, but I'd be willing to give the books a chance, as I have heard that they are fairly good. What is the story all about?

Regards
Keswick
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Maike
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Maike »

Hello Keswick,

Thank you for your answer!
The story deals with a girl named "Katniss Everdeen" who lives in Panem together with her family. The country is subdivided in 12. districts that are controlled by a "Capitol". Every year there are the so-called "Hunger games" which take place in a special arena, organized by the Capitol. Two people from every district have to take part in this game. Actually, these games are a fight to the death. The goal of the games is to show the power of the "Capitol" and to prevent riots by the people.
Unfortunately, Katniss' younger sister is chosen to take part in this fatal game. Based on the fact that her sister wouldn't survive, Katniss volenteers herself...
The story itself conceals with different topics ,for example, the oppression of the people or the rift between poor and rich...etc. which you can transfer to our today's society.
I can only recommened these books and also the movies although I prefer more the second movie than the first one!

Regards Maike

brian f
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: English

Beitrag von brian f »

Hunger Games kenn ich nicht aber du kannst mit mir schreiben.

I'm looking to correspond with native German speakers in order to increase my knowledge of your language. In return I will give you help and advice with English.

Brian.

Gurkenbude
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Arabisch

Beitrag von Gurkenbude »

Hello! Well, I have also not read "The Hunger Games". Maybe I hate "Mainstream". But I am a huge fan of Hermann Hesse, he is a brilliant author with a huge sense of philosophy. By the way, what do you read now?

GC German
Slow Speller

Beitrag von GC German »

Hello,

sorry I don't know the book "Hunger Games" but anyway I want to write with English spoken people, because my English is very bad. It's like "English for runaways". :D

When a people want to improve his German skills, I can surely help.
I am to appreciate, if you will correct any post of me.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

GC German hat geschrieben:Hello,

Sorry, I don't know the book "Hunger Games", but anyway I want to write with English speaking people, because my English is very bad. It's like "English for runaways". :D

If anyone wants to improve their German skills, I can surely help.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

GreensideRose
Topic Talker

Beitrag von GreensideRose »

Interesting point :) , however I am not sure how your entry ties in with the rest of the thread ?
BITTE KEINE ANFRAGEN PER PN!

GC German
Slow Speller

Beitrag von GC German »

I think he doesn't find any other thread, where he is able to post his important advice to improving Englisch skills.
I am to appreciate, if you will correct any post of me.

Antworten