Let's speak English here.
Antworten
cyberjosh
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: American English

Just a stray native English speaker learning German

Beitrag von cyberjosh »

Hello,

I imagine from the apparent theme of this message board that I might have my interests aligned in the opposite direction since I am an English speaker learning German. I'm at the stage where I know enough German to contruct basic sentences, but I'm not going to learn much else substantial until I just strike out and try to use my German and learn from my mistakes. A forum seems like the best place to do that. Am I on the completely wrong forum to seek corrections for German here?

I recall seeing another forum recently (which unfortunately I forgot the URL for) that was essentially like this forum except for English speakers trying to learn German. It was some kind of a "Deutsch als Fremdsprache" forum. Any recommendations would be welcome. In any case, once I feel confident enough in my German this forum seems like a good way to reinforce it in the other direction, going from German back to my native language.

I'm glad that there are places like this on the Internet. It's part of what makes the Internet so valuable. :-)

Best regards,
Josh

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Just a stray native English speaker learning German

Beitrag von Keswick »

Hi Cyberjosh, Welcome to the forum.

I am afraid that I can't help you with finding the forum you are looking for, however if you want some of your German work corrected, then you're most welcome to post on this forum and we will help you :)

Keswick

PS: You are not the only English-speaking person here, so don't worry ;-)
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

cyberjosh
Slow Speller

Beitrag von cyberjosh »

Thank you for the warm welcome. So that I don't violate any forum rules or post in the wrong section where should I post such German "Übungen" (exercise/practice posts) on this forum? Is that more of a "depends on the topic" answer?

P.S. Just so I understand the "demographics" of this forum as regards English speakers, are most English speakers here bi-lingual/fluent in German and are here to help German speakers improve their English? That was the impression I got.

Danke schön!

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Keswick »

Hello again,

If you've have got an essay that you want us to correct, please post it in the Sätze, Texte, Essays, Comments sub-forum.

For questions regarding grammar, please post in Grammatik Erläuterungen and for questions regarding tenses, please post in Zeitformen .

I hope this helps :)

As for the demographics, most English native speakers on the forum are learning German and use their abilities to help those who are looking to learn English. We also have a few Germans who are fluent in English and can help people with learning both English and German. George, Duckduck, Delfino, Tiorthan and myself are happy to help with both languages.

Gerne geschehen :)
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Delfino »

Hi Cyberjosh,
Welcome to the forum.

May I kindly ask you to point out and correct any mistakes we make using English.

Thank you very much in advance.
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

cyberjosh
Slow Speller

Beitrag von cyberjosh »

Keswick - Thank you for that information!

Delfino - I will do my best to help!

artistictace
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: USA & SA English

Beitrag von artistictace »

I am also a native English speaker looking to learn German. It is nice to know that this forum supports people learning either language.

Antworten