Greetings from the "non existing" City - Bielefeld (NRW)

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Zaccaria
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Greetings from the "non existing" City - Bielefeld (NRW)

Beitrag von Zaccaria »

Hello together, how it’s going?

I hope u all feels fine - I want to use this chance to write a short English text. I need more practice in English and I try to grape all chance that I can find.

So what now?

I try to give you a short introduction, "who I am" - like Carl R. Rogers in "On becoming a person - chapter one"

So... Who I am?

Iam not very old and not very young, iam not a "youth" and not an "adult". Some people think iam in the early twenty’s ;)

I live in a small city - many humans think, this city doesn’t really exist. Do you know the history about Bielefeld? If you don’t know the story - ask googol, Google know it - iam sure!

So I can tell you - I promise as well - Bielefeld really exist, if you don’t believe me (after asking Google) take a visit an I show you the town ;)

Okay, what can I tell next ? How I am?

I try to give you a picture - my hobbies are riding motorcycles and create some videos of riding my bike, but not so hard like "the ghost rider" - you know the ghost rider? - I hope so! If you don't ... well ask Google ;)

Okay, I think I finish now my first post, I don’t like to write more nonsense, if anybody want to improve my text - pleas do that - I need any chance of learning that I can grape, and aim not worried about if you improve my whole text, iam happy to learn new thinks.

If you have any question pls ask me, if you have any questions about "one becoming a person" - Read the book ;)

Cheers. :prost:

The Doctor
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: British English

Re: Greetings from the "non existing" City - Bielefeld (NRW)

Beitrag von The Doctor »

Zaccaria hat geschrieben:Hello all, how is it going?

I hope you all feel fine - I want to use this chance to write a short English text. I need more practice in English and I try to take all the opportunities that I can.

So what now?

I try to give you a short introduction, "who I am" - like Carl R. Rogers in "On Becoming A Person - Chapter One"

So... Who am I?

I am not very old and not very young, I am not a "youth" and not an "adult". Some people think I am in my early twenty’s ;)

I live in a small city, many people think this city doesn’t really exist. Do you know the history of Bielefeld? If you don’t know the story - Google it!

So I can tell you, I promise as well. Bielefeld does really exist, if you don’t believe me (after asking Google) I can take you on a visit, and show you the town ;)

Okay, what can I tell you next ? Who I am?

I will try to give you a picture. My hobbies are riding motorcycles and creating videos of my bike rides, but not as dangerous as "Ghost Rider" - you know Ghost Rider? - I hope so! If you don't ... well ask Google ;)

Okay, I think I can finish my first post, I don’t like to write too much nonsense. If anybody wants to improve my text, you are more than welcome. I need to take any opportunity of learning and improving, and I am not worried about if you correct my whole text, I am happy to learn new things.

If you have any questions please ask me, if you have any questions about "One Becoming A Person", Read the book ;)

Cheers. :prost:
Hello
Zaccaria!
I can also confirm the existence of Bielefeld! I have a friend who was born there!
I hope I have helped you in your desire to improve your English. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

The Doctor
Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

The Doctor hat geschrieben:
Some people think I am in my early twenties
If you have any questions please ask me, if you have any questions about "On Becoming A Person", read the book ;)
Love
The Duckduck :wink: :spin:
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

cyberjosh
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: American English

Beitrag von cyberjosh »

Hahaha! I just had to look up Bielefeld on Wikipedia and it is a rather large city (300,000+ people), thus far from non-existent. So I was wondering why someone might say it was non-existant. Apparently it is an internet "meme" joke started all the way back in 1994. See this Wikipedia article: "The Bielefeld Conspiracy (Bielefeld Verschwörung) ". LOL (Laugh Out Loud)!

Welcome to the forum Zaccaria!

-Josh

brian f
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: English

Beitrag von brian f »

The football team from Bielefeld is fairly well known. They've had a few seasons in the top Bundesliga if I remember correctly.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

No Brian, I am afraid that was an illusion.. there is no such thing as a Bielefeld football team ;-)
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Keswick hat geschrieben:No Brian, I am afraid that was an illusion.. there is no such thing as a Bielefeld football team ;-)

Oh Keswick Dearest, :shock: :jump1:

One can tell that you've been living abroad for quite a while... Me, I'm certainly not a football enthusiast, but even I remember Arminia Bielefeld as a Bundesliga Club.
Check this, luv :
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arminia_Bielefeld

Talking about Bielefeld: We used to say: Seh'n wir uns nicht in dieser Welt, so seh'n wir uns in Bielefeld.

Love,

Duckduck

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

No Duckduck.. isn't it obvious? If there is no such place like Bielefeld, then there is no such thing as a Bielefeld football club. It's all just an illusion. :mrgreen:

:out:
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Ouch, :shock: :cool:

got it now, just didn't get it then... :wink:

Love,
Duckduck :chief:

Antworten