Let's speak English here.
Antworten
ichbinsinaction
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch, Spanisch

Where do I find some 'better' adverbs?

Beitrag von ichbinsinaction »

Hi community,

I live in Spain and the language-level of my school (or better said in general) is very low and I learned all my English (capital letter?) in the internet.
This year we started using some new words like 'anyway', 'as well as', etc.

I really prefer to learn a language right, we also had used words like 'also', in general all of these simple words.

What I wanted to ask:
Is there a site, where I can find a lot of these more used (<-- e.g. for these bad sounding words) adverbs?

I'd really appreciate it (<-- sounding bad).

P.S.: My English is not very good, but I'm training [watching english videos, read english (<--lower case?), play all the games I play in english if available) and I hope, you can help me to get better improve it.
Every corrected word will help me!

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Re: Where do I find some 'better' adverbs?

Beitrag von tiorthan »

ichbinsinaction hat geschrieben:Hi community,

I live in Spain and the language level1 of my school (or better said in general) is very low and I have2 learned all my English (capital letter?)3 on the Internet.
This year we started using some new words like 'anyway', 'as well as', etc.

I really prefer to learn a language right. We4 also had used words like 'also', in general all of these simple words.5

What I wanted to ask:
Is there a site, where I can find a lot of these more used (present
The state you're talking about is the direct result of an action. -> perfect
= present perfect

3 - The capitalization rules of English are quite simple. You capitalize the beginning of a sentence, the beginning of a paragraph, the word I, all names and all proper nouns. All other words are spelled with a lower-case letter.
A proper noun is a word that describes a unique entity i.e. words that are used similar to names. For example:
the Internet is the primary means of distributing messages but an internet (the shortened form of inernetwork) is a network connecting networks
Proper nouns also include all geographical names, the names of languages and nationalities, of planets etc.
These rules are without exception and also apply to all derived words.

4 - Independent clauses that are not connected by a conjunction (and, or, yet, for etc.) are considered separate sentences and therefore separated by a period/full stop.

5 - I'm not sure what you were trying to say here.

6 - Not really sure what you were trying to say here, too.

7 - No it doesn't! This is perfectly normal English.

8 - All items of an enumeration have to be of the same type. Since you started with a gerund, you cannot switch to simple infinitives later.

9 - Never ever! The rules from item 3 apply without exception and regardless of what part of speech. This is handled differently in German: The English sports car = Der englische Sportwagen.

These words (as well as, in addition, also, etc.) are called "linking words". You can find excessive lists on the internet. However, I would advise against just learning them by heart, you have to understand when and how to use each of them.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

ichbinsinaction
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch, Spanisch

Beitrag von ichbinsinaction »

Many thanks for correcting the text and telling me explicitely what is wrong and why it is.
5: We normally use many simple words like 'also'.
6: 'more used' sounds a bit bad, if possible, I'd change them to an adverb.
Ok, so if I understood it right, 'English' always goes with capital letter, does it?
I also have to thank you for the linking words-tip!
I found a lot of them and I'll study them at the weekend. This will help me a lot to express myself a bit better. I know and understand them, but I forget them very fast. That is my general problem, I don't remember them, when I'm writing.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Every corrected word will help me!

Dingo
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von Dingo »

I found here a great resource where a lot of adverbs listed: https://www.msu.edu/~jdowell/135/transw ... hor1671187

Hope that helps!

Antworten