...Germany :)

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Silvestergirly
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: Deutsch

...Germany :)

Beitrag von Silvestergirly »

Hello everybody

You can call me Amari. I'm nineteen years old and from the north of Germany.

I have got a tween brother- we are very different (different looking and charakter)

I realy love to read english fantasy books or sometimes sience fiction, too.
At the moment I'm reading delirium by Lauren Oliver.
It's a realy realy good book and I think it's easy to understand

I also love to write my own stories and I wish I will get a own book and be a writer (dreams are okay XD)

I also live listen to music. But I think I have a very different liking.

I listen to different speaking rock music- most thai and japanese but English as well.

I love to drawing most time Mangas or Aquarell.

Yes I'm going to go to school again in August (11st class) and try to do my "Abitur".

Yes.. I would like to do something with creative things in the future (job I mean), but I don't know which job yet.

I think I told you enough for the first time.

Feel free to ask what ever you want me to aks :)

Yours Sil

Enceladus
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: English

Re: ...Germany :)

Beitrag von Enceladus »

Hi Amari.
I'm 21 years old, and from the UK.
I'm learning German at the moment, but I'm a long way from being fluent.
I really like languages, and would like to learn a lot of them. Unfortunately, sometimes this holds me back because I get interested in too many at once. :roll:

I don't read much, I think I should try to read more. I think reading some German books would help me improve my German. Are there any you'd recommend?

I like to listen to a lot of foreign music too. I don't think I've ever heard any Thai music, but I like Japanese music. Have you ever heard Gackt? The song "Illness Illusion" is my favourite song of his.
Other than Japanese, I listen to music in German, Chinese, Korean, Swedish and many other languages. Maybe one day I'll be able to understand them. :mrgreen:

I like to draw too, but haven't had much time for it lately. I've been trying to concentrate all of my effort on German. I'd like to be able to draw manga well, but I need to study anatomy to get people to look right. I have quite a few of those "How to Draw Manga" books, I should get back to them some time...
I had to look up "Aquarell" to see what it was, do you mean watercolour painting?
Maybe we could talk to help each other learn. :)

Is it ok if I point out some mistakes you made?

"charakter" should be "character"
"realy" should be "really"
"english" should be "English"
"sience" should be "science"
"11st" should be "11th" ("Eleventh")

"I wish I will get a own book and be a writer" is hard to understand. Do you mean you want to get a book published?

"I also live listen to music." should be "I also love to listen to music." or "I also love listening to music."

"But I think I have a very different liking." To say what music you like, you can say "taste in music", like "But I think I have a very different taste in music."
Using "different" there sounds a bit strange to me. It would sound better as "But I think I have a very different taste in music to most people.", or "But I think I have a very (unique/strange/uncommon) taste in music."

"I listen to different speaking rock music- most thai and japanese but English as well" would be better as "I listen to rock music in different languages - mostly Thai and Japanese, but English as well."

"I love to drawing" should be "I love to draw" or "I love drawing"
"I love to drawing most time Mangas or Aquarell." would be better as "I love to draw, mostly Manga and watercolours."

"Yes I'm going to go to school again in August (11st class) and try to do my "Abitur"."
It sounds odd to start sentences with "Yes" without it being in response to anything.
It would be better as "I'm going back to school in August (11th class) and will try to do my 'Arbitur'"

"Feel free to ask what ever you want me to aks" would be better as "Feel free to ask whatever you want." or "Feel free to ask whatever you want me to answer."

Silvestergirly
Slow Speller

Hi Enceladus,

nice to "meet" you. So you're a long way from speaking German fluently and I'm from speaking English fluently. Maybe we ca meet us in the middle (we would say in Germany) and help each other?

I like this books :

"Der Name des Windes" by Patrick Rohtfuss
"Starters" by Lissa Price
"Delirium" by Lauren Oliver

but popular German writers are:
Cornelia Funke is a very good Autor!
Kai Meyer is also very good. I realy like "Die Wellenläufer"
ans also Bernhard Hennen

I know Gackt, he is cool XD

that's a lot of different music!
I like thai very much- No more Tear is a very good band! or Restrospect- they were at wacken one time..

When I was younger I had to draw much more, but now I don't have much time- but writing is more inportant for me.
Yes I mean watercolour =)

That would be very nice if we could help each other!
I know I do a lot of mistakes, but I don't have no place for writing or speaking...

Thanks for your answer!

Sil (=

Enceladus
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Enceladus »

That would be nice. Do you have MSN? Maybe we could talk on there.

I will have a look for those books and authors on Amazon. The only German book I have at the moment is the German version of the first Harry Potter book. I should give reading it another try. XD

I'll try to listen to some Thai music on Youtube too. I've always thought Thai writing looked cool.

-Enceladus

Silvestergirly
Slow Speller

No, I don't, sorry, maybe you have Skype?

Ha! I read Harry Potter in English, the first book.. but if you now (and you already now it XD) maybe you can understand it easily.

Yes, it realy looks funny XD Idon't want do learn it, it looks too hart to learnXD.

-Sil

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Beitrag von tiorthan »

Silvestergirly hat geschrieben:No, I don't, sorry, maybe you have Skype?

Ha! I have read Harry Potter in English, the first book.. but if you know (and you already know it XD) maybe you can understand it easily.

Yes, it realy looks funny XD Idon't want do learn it, it looks too hart to learnXD.

-Sil
Pleas spell know with a K. It's really difficult to read for people like me, if you spell it "now" because we pronounce know and now differently and "now" just doesn't make sense.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

Enceladus
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Enceladus »

I downloaded Skype, but I don't have a microphone. We could still use it for instant messaging, if you want.

Yeah, I chose Harry Potter because I know the story of the first book quite well. XD

I like how Korean writing looks too, it's so different to English.
I learnt to read Japanese Hiragana recently, but I've already forgotten a lot of it. D: I should study it some more or I'll completely forget it.

-Enceladus

Antworten