Let's speak English here.
Antworten
Nini28
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

English Conversation

Beitrag von Nini28 »

Hi,
My name is Nini, I´m 28 and I´m looking for someone who wants to write and talk in english regularly. I am a German native speaker and if you want to improve your German it´s no problem :wink:.
I want to improve my English and I´m looking forward to talk and write with nice people around the world about everything we like. Everybody is welcome, feel free to write! :)
Till soon,
Nini

eac swa
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: AmE

Re: English Conversation

Beitrag von eac swa »

I want to improve my English and I´m looking forward to talking and writing with nice people around the world...
Okay, I'm game.

I'll start things out with a question of sorts: I'm looking to watch some good German TV series (for the sake of improving/maintaining my German listening skills). Unfortunately, the market for German media in the US is quite small... I'm pretty sure the only German film to even make it over here in the past 5 years has been Der Untergang. And most of the time, German movies over here don't even come with German subtitles!

So, do you know of any good shows, and where I might watch them? I've looked around the ZDF website before, and I watch Abenteuer-Wissen, random mini-series or movies there from time to time ... The problem is that they usually only offer the latest couple of episodes of a certain TV series, so I can't really watch anything that has any kind of overarching storyline.
(bin für jegliche Korrektur meines Deutsch dankbar)

j-h
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

Beitrag von j-h »

Hi eac swa.

If you want see german tv you can do this for example at "3sat": (3sat.de). There you can choose "Mediathek" and there you can see some clips.

An other possibility is that you can listening german radio. At example there is "Deutschlandradio" (dradio.de). The people there talking primary about politics and scientific themes.

What is not correct at my script?

eac swa
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: AmE

Beitrag von eac swa »

Mm, short clips of shows aren't very interesting, but I'll give that radio program a try.
If you want to watch (1) German (2) TV you can do this for example at "3sat": (3sat.de). There you can choose "Mediathek" and from there you can see some clips.

Another possibility is that you can listen to(1) German(2) radio. An example there is "Deutschlandradio" (dradio.de). The people there talk primarily about politics and scientific topics.

What is not correct in my writing?
(1) You only need to conjugate one verb per sentence, the "main verb." Since the modal verb "want" was conjugated in this sentence, leave "to watch" in its infinitive form.
(2) Capitalize all words referring to nationalities, e.g. Germans, the English language, French cuisine, etc.
(bin für jegliche Korrektur meines Deutsch dankbar)

Antworten