George III - no homework

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
ibri
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: deutsch

George III - no homework

Beitrag von ibri »

George III was the king who defeated France. However, he lost the American colonies. To those around him he was, at least in later life, mad. George III was the 1st king of the House of Hannover who used English as his first language. In 1761, he married Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz; they had 15 children. It was a happy marriage. George's life as a king was not that happy, as he found, after five years as king, his duties so stressfull that he considered to abdicate. As George became king, the Seven Years' War was fought. The war was expensive, so George III introduced new taxes in the American colonies. The colonists began to protest. In order to beat the protest down, he send soldiers to them. Consequently, there was the War of the American Revolution. In 1779, the colonist won the war. Britain`s defeat was traumatic. In 1793, George III was able to respond to the new threat of Napoleonic France. The wars finished with a battle at sea. By this time, George III developed a dementia.In 1810, a doctor declared him as unfit to rule, so his son, George VI, took over as regent. George III tied alone in 1820.

I would like you to correct my mistakes, please. :) It is no homework.

eac swa
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: AmE

Re: George III - no homework

Beitrag von eac swa »

ibri hat geschrieben:George III was the king who defeated France. However, he lost the American colonies. To those around him he was, at least in later life, mad. George III was the 1st king of the House of Hannover who used English as his first language. In 1761, he married Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz; they had 15 children. It was a happy marriage. George's life as a king was not that happy; after five years as king he found his duties so stressful that he considered abdicating the throne. As George became king, the Seven Years' War was fought. The war was expensive, so George III introduced new taxes to the American colonies. The colonists began to protest. In order to beat the protests down, he sent soldiers to them. Consequently, this led to the American Revolution. In 1779, the colonists won the war. Britain's defeat was traumatic. In 1793, George III was able to respond to the new threat of Napoleonic France. The war finished with a battle at sea. By this time, George III developed dementia. In 1810, a doctor declared him as unfit to rule, so his son, George VI, took over as regent. George III died alone in 1820.

I would like you to correct my mistakes, please. :) It is no homework.
Bei dem obenstehenden fettgedrückten Satz bin ich mir nicht sicher (ohne es nachzuschlagen), was wann passiert ist.

- Was the Seven Years' War already underway when George became king?
- Did the Seven Years' War only begin after he became king?
(bin für jegliche Korrektur meines Deutsch dankbar)

ibri
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von ibri »

I am not sure about this fact. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

Vielen Dank für die schnelle Korrektur :)

Lg
ibri

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Beitrag von tiorthan »

When the French invaded Minorca George II was still King of Britain, so by the time of George III's coronation the war must have been underway.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

ibri
Tongue Twister

Beitrag von ibri »

all right. :)

Antworten