Greetings from the US

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
eac swa
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: AmE

Greetings from the US

Beitrag von eac swa »

Been awhile since I've been on a board like this...

Anyway, hello from the US! I've been learning German for around 9 years or so. Started in college, where it was my major. (Incidentally, English Writing was my minor.)
I spent a few months in Heidelberg in 2006. It was a nice city but Germans there were belligerent about speaking only in English to foreigners, so I just read a lot of books while there.
Anyway, I think my reading, writing and listening skills for German are all pretty okay, I guess, but I'm pretty bad at speaking the language, which is a shame, but pretty inevitable.

Ironically, I've signed up here to practice my German and prevent it from getting worse, so if I make horrible mistakes in my other posts then I welcome whatever corrections any of you see fit to make. Thanks! Hopefully I can be of help to English learners in return.
(bin für jegliche Korrektur meines Deutsch dankbar)

Duckduck
Anglo Master
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Greetings from the US

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Welcome aboard, eac swa!!! :freu:

shouts the duck, fighting - sometimes submerging, but most often escaping if gasping for breath - the heavy seas of grammar amidst the crew of fearless sailors on the valiant HMS BrE and AmE of englisch-hilfen. :prost:
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

ibri
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: deutsch

Re: Greetings from the US

Beitrag von ibri »

Hey eac swa,

how is the weather in the USA? Here in Germany it is very cold (-20°C) and it snows.

Best
ibri

Antworten