A way of protest - no homework

Let's speak English here.
Antworten
ibri
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: deutsch

A way of protest - no homework

Beitrag von ibri »

Richard Pennicuik sat in a suburban tree for about 110 days in order to save it. In the TV, Pennicuik was not the defender of the tree but a celebrity nutcase.
The yellow box eucalyptus is considered to be dangerous, as its branches fall on parked cars. Pennicuik, however, thinks of it as " a symbol of freedom to rule ourselves by our constituition and not be ruled over by the politicans". Maybe he is suffering from relevance deprivation syndrome. Another example is the head of the SEa Shepheard Conservation Society that is protesting against whaling of the Japanese. The news are about the tactics of open confrontation and not about saving whales. In my opinion, protests are often too much about publicity of specific persons. The losers are the endangered that such protests aim to protect.

I would like you to correct my mistakes and comment on the topic, please. :)

Greetings
ibri

eac swa
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: AmE

Re: A way of protest - no homework

Beitrag von eac swa »

ibri hat geschrieben:Richard Pennicuik sat in a suburban tree for about 110 days in order to save it. On TV, Pennicuik was not the defender of the tree but a celebrity nutcase.
"In the TV" verwendet man, nur wenn man das Gerät beschreiben möchte... zB "It's not working, I think there might be some problems with the wires in the TV."

Wenn es etwas fernzusehen gibt, sagt man "on TV."

Statt TV kann man hier auch "media" benutzen... "Pennicuik was not portrayed by the media as the defender of the tree, but rather as a celebrity nutcase."

ibri hat geschrieben: The yellow box eucalyptus is considered to be dangerous, as its branches often fall on parked cars. Pennicuik, however, thinks of the trees as " a symbol of the freedom to rule ourselves by our Constitution and not be ruled over by the politicians". Maybe he is suffering from relevance deprivation syndrome. Another example is the head of the SEA Shepherd Conservation Society that is protesting against Japanese whaling.
...the whaling of the Japanese... Grammatisch angesehen, klingt es fast wie die Japaner harpuniert werden, also sinnlos.

NB: Man muss auch auf die Zeichensetzungsregeln achten.

Britisches Englisch: Zitaten benutzen ' '. Wenn es ein weiteres Zitat innerhalb des Zitats gibt, wird dann " " verwendet. Die Satzpunkte, Kommas usw. werden ausserhalb der Anführrungszeichen gestellt.

Beispiel: 'When you say "I have nothing to hide", it really just makes me assume that you do'.

Amerikanisches Englisch: Zitaten benutzen " ". Wenn es ein weiteres Zitat innerhalb des Zitats gibt, wird dann ' ' verwendet. Die Satzpunkte, Kommas usw. werden innerhalb der Anführrungszeichen gestellt.

Beispiel: "When you say 'I have nothing to hide,' it really just makes me assume that you do."
ibri hat geschrieben:The news is about the tactics of open confrontation and not about saving whales. In my opinion, protests are often too much about personal publicity. The losers are the endangered species that such protests aim to protect.
mfg
(bin für jegliche Korrektur meines Deutsch dankbar)

ibri
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: deutsch

Re: A way of protest - no homework

Beitrag von ibri »

Hi, vielen Dank für die Korrektur. Mein Englisch ist wirklich schlecht. LG, ibri

Antworten