Hello from the US!

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Insanoflex
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Englisch

Hello from the US!

Beitrag von Insanoflex »

Hello, everyone! My name is Justin, and I live in the US, or more specifically, Texas. English is, of course, my "Muttersprache", although I'm hardly an expert of any caliber. (I'm articulate, I've been told, but English grammar eludes even us english-speakers!) I'm always looking for people to get on Skype with. I'm learning German, but it's hard coming I think. I've been learning the German language for a while now, about 3 months, using a program I purchased, so I'm hardly fluent, but I can't pass up a chance to practice it! So, if anyone is interested, feel free to send me a PM with your Skype info, and I'd be glad to add you. Also, I'd like to help people here as well with corrections.

Ok, abit more about me: I'm 23 years old, and I've been in the Army for about 5 years now. I've serve one tour in Iraq, and plan on going to Afghanistan in the near future (probably late 2013). I'm into video games, but what interest me the most about them is not what they are, but how they are made. I'm very fascinated by programming and computers, and I make "Doom" levels as a hobby. (If you don't know what Doom is, that's fine. It's a really old game that still has a fairly large community of fans). I haven't been to college to study programming yet, but I can't wait to (money is tight right now)! Anyway that's all for now.

sunjojo1234
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

Re: Hello from the US!

Beitrag von sunjojo1234 »

Hello Justin,

my name is Jonas and I'am 14 years old. I live near (or close to?) Berlin and go to the Carl-Bechstein-Gymnasium in the ninth class. I'am learning English at school, but my marks aren't so good as I want. I can't write and speak Englisch very well, so I will practis that. We can write E-mails (than you have to correct them :D and I correct you E-mails in German) and can talk via Skype. So I can practis my Englisch and you can practis German. I like to play Computer (Minecraft, Age of Empires 2 and 3) too, so I will study informatics (or computer science?). I try to learn Java as a programming language. If you want, I can send you my E-mail adress and my Skype name.

Jonas

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Re: Hello from the US!

Beitrag von Delfino »

sunjojo1234 hat geschrieben:Hello Justin,

My name is Jonas and I'am 14 years old. I live (in ...) near Berlin,
and I attend the ninth grade at the Carl-Bechstein-Gymnasium.

I am learning English at school, but my marks aren't as good as I would like them to be. I can't write and speak English very well.
So I will practise that. I can write you emails in English which you correct and I correct your emails written in German and we can talk via Skype.
So I can practise my English and you can practise your German.

I like to play computer games (e.g. Minecraft, Age of Empires 2 and 3).
So I will study computer science or computer games development.
I try to learn the programming language JAVA.

If you want, I can send you my email address and my Skype name.

Jonas
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

Antworten