Introducing MrChefkoch

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
MrChefkoch
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Introducing MrChefkoch

Beitrag von MrChefkoch »

Hi,

I am new to this forum so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself. I go by the name of "MrChefkoch" on the internet and on this forum as you can clearly see.
I am 21 years old and I live in Baden-Wuerttemberg, in a little town near the French border. I graduated school about three months ago.
I'm currently taking a gap year in order to earn some money which will enable me to pay for a 800 km hike (~500 mi) across the Spanish Pyrenees.

I've been learning English for 15 years. However, I've never been to an English-speaking country. I plan on visiting London next year though.
I came here, not because I need a lot of help, but to help others and to further improve and perfect my language skills.

Kind regards,
MrChefkoch
There's always someone who's better at whatever you think you're the best at.

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Re: Introducing MrChefkoch

Beitrag von Delfino »

MrChefkoch hat geschrieben:I am new to this forum, so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself.
I didn't come here because I need a lot of help but to help others and to further improve and perfect my language skills.
Welcome to the forum!
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

Insanoflex
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von Insanoflex »

Delfino hat geschrieben:
MrChefkoch hat geschrieben:I am new to this forum, so I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself.
I didn't come here because I need a lot of help but to help others and to further improve and perfect my language skills.

Welcome to the forum!

I would argue that the correction you supplied here, while not incorrect, isn't exactly correct either. The sentence "I came here, not because I need a lot of help, but to help others and to further improve and perfect my language skills." sounds perfectly natural to my ears.

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Delfino »

MrChefkoch hat geschrieben:I came here, not because I need a lot of help, but to help others and to further improve and perfect my language skills.
Delphino hat geschrieben:I didn't come here because I need a lot of help, but to help others and to further improve and perfect my language skills.
Looking at the sentence again I have to agree. So let me thank you for pointing out
that I only provided an alternative which, unfortunately, was not as good as the original.
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

Insanoflex
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Englisch

Beitrag von Insanoflex »

I wouldn't say it wasn't as good as the original. They are both equally correct I think.

Antworten