Let's speak English here.
Antworten
emexy
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

Guided Writing - Wildlife

Beitrag von emexy »

Hello everyone!

Because I'm going to write in some weeks my final exams in English, I'm practicing my language skills at the moment. One important part in this test is a writing exercise. I know it isn't very good and fluent, but I would be very happy, if you take a look on my sentences.

I won a free stay at a holiday camp in the United States last summer. I want to express my impressions from this exciting and dangerous stay in the national park in this report. Maybe I can persuade you to do it, too.

But before I came on I had had to fly over 12 hours by plane. I exited Germany on Sunday evening and arrived the airport of Los Angeles on the next day. It was a very demanding journey and I was jet-lagged. After the flight followed a bus tour to the holiday camp in the national park. I shared a big tent with three other teenager, who wanted to learn something about the wildlife in the USA. The first night was very uncomfortable for me. It was very cold and I was scared about an attack of an wild animal. Of course there were experienced park rangers, who explained what we had to to if an animal hunted us.

A typical day began in the morning with a little breakfast. After that we feed some animals and went with a jeep where we had looking for hunters. On the second day we was victims of thieves. They stole our tents and water bottles. That was the worst experience. An other exciting experience was a meeting with an huge grizzly bear. He came at the night, probably he smelled some food. Fortunately there was a ranger, who put the bear off, although it was very dangerous.

It was very interesting to see some animals in free nature. And I recommend to everyone to try it out.

Antworten