Hi Everybody!

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
noetowi
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: spanisch

Hi Everybody!

Beitrag von noetowi »

Hello!

My name is Noelia and I'm from Spain.
I live now in Heidelberg because I want to study Konferenzdolmetschen.
My problem is that I've an Oral-Test next saturday and I've to speak in english about 10 minutes (about me and about the professors ask me)..
And as you can see, my english is quite bad.. Theremore, I mix it with german, because here in Heidelberg I've to speak in german everyday, and for me is very difficult to change from german to english so fast...

So, I've registered me here to improve my english and to share my problems with you!

Thank you!

Assistenzlehrer
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Hi Everybody!

Beitrag von Assistenzlehrer »

noetowi hat geschrieben:Hello!

My name is Noelia and I'm from Spain.
I now  livenow in Heidelberg because I want to study Konferenzdolmetschen.(conference interpreting)
My problem isthat , I've an oral-test next Saturday(Wochentage werden im Englischen großgeschrieben) and I've to speak in English about 10 minutes (about me and about what the professors ask me)..
And as you can see, my English is quite bad.. TheremoreMoreover/ Because, I mix  it up with German, because here in Heidelberg I've to speak in German everyday, and it's very difficult  for me  to change from German to English so fast...

So, I've registered memyself here to improve my English and to share my problems with you!

Thank you!
Korrekturfarben : Fehler, Ausdruck, Vorschlag,/Anmerkung

noetowi
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: spanisch

Beitrag von noetowi »

Thank you!
What do you think about my english? I want an objective opinion :) .

I want to write all of you like an "introduction of me", like I was answering the questions of the professors.
where should I write it?

Assistenzlehrer
Topic Talker

Beitrag von Assistenzlehrer »

Your English is not as bad as you might think , but you have some "blunders" in your text.
blunder= preventable mistake . e.g forget to add an "s" at he /she / it"
I'll give you some advices .
1. English weekdays starting with a capital letter (e.g. Friday)
2.Nearly all other words start in lowercases such as oral and test
Exceptions: names , languages e.g English, inhabitants of the country e.g Germans, and the country itself e.g Spain
3. The word theremore does not exist in the English language .
I think you meant "moreover "
4. "to mix up" is a phrasal verb . Do you know what a phrasal word might be ? Sorry if you already knew them , but there are some girls and boys in my class , who don't know anything about them.:redface:

This is the best place for introducing yourself .

Kind regards

your Assistenzlehrer
Korrekturfarben : Fehler, Ausdruck, Vorschlag,/Anmerkung

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Assistenzlehrer hat geschrieben: Guten Morgen allerseits! :freak2:

So, ich darf eben nochmal einige kleine Anmerkungen machen, ja?!

I'll give you some advices.
"advice" gehört wie "information" zu einer Gruppe von Substantiven, die keinen Plural bilden. Aus diesem Grund verwendet man vor ihnen ein "some" oder "any", wenn man von mehreren Ratschlägen/Informationen spricht, hängt aber kein Plural "s" an. Wenn's ganz deutlich Plural sein soll, kann man sich auch mit "pieces of advice" behelfen.
2. Nearly all other words are lowercased/written in lowercase such as oral and test.
Exceptions: names, languages e.g English, inhabitants of the country e.g Germans, and the country itself e.g Spain
Or we could say: adjectives derived from names.
3. The word theremore does not exist in the English language.
I think you meant "moreover ".
Or maybe she wanted to say "The more so as/because I mix it up/I get it mixed up with..." (= Zumal ich...)
Kleiner Tipp zum Tippen: Vor Satzzeichen mache kein Leerzeichen, aber nach Satzzeichen gehört eins hin!

Grüße
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

Antworten