Hello from me :)

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
Faya
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Hello from me :)

Beitrag von Faya »

Hey everyone! :freu:

My username is Faya (as you can see :tongue: )
I've just found this page (I was looking for possibilties to improve my english), and, yeah, I hope I'll have the chance to learn some english with this page.
I'm a 14 year old girl from Germany, so my english isn't the best, I've only learned the language for a few years.
But I absolutely love english, that's why my dream is to speak it fluently some day :spin:
(I just wished my pronouncation wouldn't be that bad :( By the way, does someone have some tipps to improve my pronouncation? Is there any chance that I can 'learn' to speak without this damn german accent? :mrgreen: )
I'm writing, reading and 'hearing' english a lot in my free time (through Twitter, Yountube, english movies etc.) , and I already understand a lot more than about a year ago. So I guess internet can help a lot ;D
Yeah, I hope I'll have some fun here!

Greetings,
Faya

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Re: Hello from me :)

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Faya hat geschrieben:Hey everyone!

Hi Faya and welcome to the forum! :)

My username is Faya (as you can see).
I've just found this page (I was looking for possibilties to improve my English), and, yeah, I hope I'll have the chance to learn some English with this page.
I'm a 14 year old girl from Germany, so my English isn't the best. I've only been learning the language for a few years.
But I absolutely love English, that's why my dream is to speak it fluently some day.
(I just wished my pronouncation were not that bad. By the way, does anyone have any tipps on how to improve my pronouncation? Is there any chance that I can 'learn' to speak without this damn :shock: German accent?)
I'm writing, reading and listening to English a lot in my free time (through Twitter, Yountube, English movies etc.), and I already understand a lot more than about a year ago. So I guess the internet can be a big help ;D
Yeah, I hope I'll have some fun here!

Greetings,
Faya
I'm impressed, I must say, because I think your English is simply spectacular for someone of your tender years! Tell us about the problems you seem to be having with the pronunciation. Is it only certain sounds you can't get right? Maybe we can give you some advice!

Cheers,
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

Faya
Bilingual Newbie

Re: Hello from me :)

Beitrag von Faya »

Hey DuckDuck :spin:

First, thanks for correcting my text!
I hope I'll remeber what I've done wrong and I'll do it right next time ;D

About the pronuncation:
It's just that everything I say in english sounds german, it sounds..well, snatchy? not fluent?
Oh god, I have no idea how to explain that. :lol:
The thing is that you can totally hear that I'm from Germany (or at least that I'm not a native speaker.)
It sounds a bit like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7nPYJ7XU3A
(BTW, are you allowed to put links in here? The rules doesn't say you aren't, so I guess it's okay?)
It's general, I don't have problems with certain words.

Faya

Antworten