speak to each other

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
BernhardKuderer
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

speak to each other

Beitrag von BernhardKuderer »

Hello folks. My name is bernhard. I live in austria . 2 weaks ago i started my cambridge certificate the first one. So now i look in the internet for pages where you can write to other people. Perhaps i can train my englisch a little bit.

So ihope that somebody answer my writing

kölscheklüngel
Frequent Typer
Muttersprache: deutsch

Re: speak to each other

Beitrag von kölscheklüngel »

Hello folks. My name is Bernhard and I live in austria. Two weeks ago I started my cambrigde certificate it is my first english training. So, now I look on the internet for pages where I can(could) write to other people, because I want to improve my english.

So I hope that I will get a respond from somebody.

Hallo Bernhard,

ich habe es mal so verbessert, wie ich es mir vorstelle. Durch die Verbesserungen werde auch ich besser. Es kommen noch Verbesserungen von anderen Personen.

Gruß, kölscheklüngel.

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

kölscheklüngel hat geschrieben:Hello folks. My name is Bernhard and I live in Austria. Two weeks ago I started my Cambridge Certificate which is my first English training ever. So, now I am looking for pages online where I can write to other people, because I want to improve my English.

So I hope that I will get a reply from somebody.

Hallo Bernhard,

ich habe es mal so verbessert, wie ich es mir vorstelle. Durch die Verbesserungen werde auch ich besser. Es kommen noch Verbesserungen von anderen Personen.

Gruß, kölscheklüngel.

Hi kölscheklüngel, es waere einfacher wenn du deine Verbesserung entweder BOLD oder farblich markierst, damit man auch sehen kann, was du verbessert hast. Danke!
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

BernhardKuderer
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von BernhardKuderer »

Thank you for correcting my text.

It is not easy for me to learn englisch because learnign other languages is so hard for me.
I am better in learning math than languages.

What is the best way to learn a languages fast and in the write way.

Now i often read articels from the new york time.

And once a week i have an englisch course at the wifi in salzburg.

perhaps somebody can give me some advices.

kölscheklüngel
Frequent Typer

Thanks, for correcting my text.

It is not easy for me to learn English because learning other languages is so hard for me.
I am better in learning math than languages.

What is the best way to learn a languages quick and in the right way.

Now I often read articels from the New York Times and once a week I practice English at an English school.

Perhaps somebody can(could) give me some advices. (Du kannst das "can" auch schreiben, "could" hört sich vielleicht nur besser an).

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz
Muttersprache: de, (pl)

Beitrag von tiorthan »

kölscheklüngel hat geschrieben:Thanks, for correcting my text.

It is not easy for me to learn English because learning other languages is so hard for me.
I am better at learning math than languages.

What is the best way to learn a language fast and in the right way.

Now I often read articels from the New York Times and once a week I practice English at an English school.

Perhaps somebody can(could) give me some advice. (Du kannst das "can" auch schreiben, "could" hört sich vielleicht nur besser an).
@kölscheklüngel
There was nothing wrong with "fast", that's why I've reverted your change, but your "quick" should have been "quickly".

@BernhardKuderer
There is no way to learn a language fast and right. Learning a new language is a difficult task for a human brain and it takes time.
You're never too old to learn something stupid.
MistakeSuggestionYou sure that's right?

kölscheklüngel
Frequent Typer

Hi tiorthan,

"fast" ist nicht falsch, aber es hängt doch immer vom Sachverhalt ab, wann man "fast" oder "quickly" einsetzt. Wenn ich mir englische Interviews anhöre, dann wird mehr das Wort "quick" benutzt. Im Bezug auf die Geschwindigkeit eines Autos, da würde ich "fast" verwenden.

Gruß, kölscheklüngel

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz

Beitrag von tiorthan »

Hier kann fast aber problemlos stehen bleiben, weil es keinen bedeutsamen Unterschied gibt, und es ist sogar, wenn man Google glauben kann, das häufigere Wort. In einem solchen Fall, finde ich zumindest, sollte man bei der Variante des Texterstellers bleiben.

Duckduck
Anglo Master

Beitrag von Duckduck »

Hallo Ihr Lieben,

weil Ihr Euch da nun so dran festgebissen habt, kann ich mal wieder nicht umhin, auch noch meinen Senf dazuzugeben. Sorry :wink:!

Tatsächlich sind "quick" und "fast" nämlich nicht synonym zu verwenden, denn "quick" beschreibt als Adjektiv eher die (kurze) Zeitspanne, die eine Handlung zur Ausführung brauchte. Damit will ich sagen:

"Oh, that was a quick answer!" bedeutet: das hat ja nicht lange gedauert, bis die Antwort kam.

"fast" hingegen beschreibt als Adjektiv die Geschwindigkeit einer Handlung, also:

"Oh, that was a fast answer!" bedeutet: da hast Du ja unwahrscheinlich schnell gesprochen.

Wenn die Wörter als Adverb gebraucht werden, ist ihre Bedeutung zwar ähnlicher, aber auch nicht ganz identisch:

"to learn English quickly" bedeutet: in kurzer Zeit Englisch lernen

"to learn English fast" bedeutet: in schneller Geschwindigkeit Englisch lernen.

Obwohl beides inhaltlich so ziemlich auf dasselbe hinausläuft, ist doch im ersten Fall von der gebrauchten Zeit die Rede und im zweiten von der Geschwindigkeit, in der die Handlung ausgeführt wird.

Besseres Beispiel:

He came round the corner quickly -> es dauerte nicht lange, bis er um die Ecke kam
He came round the corner fast -> er war mit großer Geschwindigkeit unterwegs

Freundliche Grüße schnattert
Duckduck
Mein Farbcode für Korrekturen:
Fehler / Stil/Ausdruck / Anmerkung

franzi
Frequent Typer

Beitrag von franzi »

Ich staune immer wieder,welche Feinheiten des Englischen wir von der Ente lernen können.

Thanks a lot

Manfred

kölscheklüngel
Frequent Typer

Yesterday I talked with a guy about the difference between English and French and he told me that for him is English more difficult than French. He learned Latin in school and Latin and French are all languages there are logic. You have to learn the rules and you will make a big step. English, you can speak it very differently. If you are dreaming in English than you are perfect but it takes a long time.

Who could explain or tell the German word: "nicht interessiert" in English, please.

The person who know that is close to perfect. :roll:

By kölscheklüngel

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

kölscheklüngel hat geschrieben:Yesterday I talked with a guy about the difference between English and French and he told me that for him English is more difficult than French. He learned Latin in school and Latin and French are all logical languages. You have to learn the rules and this will bring you a lot further. English, you can speak it very differently. If you are dreaming in English then you are perfect but it takes a long time.

Who could explain or tell the German word: "nicht interessiert" in English, please.

The person who knows that is close to being perfect. :roll:

By kölscheklüngel

"nicht interessiert" in English? That depends on the context, kölscheklüngel. You can say "I am not interested in your stories" (Ich bin an deinen Geschichten nicht interessiert) or your can say "uninterested", or you can even say "I hold no interest for your stories" (although I consider this quitue obsolete). Do you have a specific context?

Oh by the way, I do dream in English.. and only recently I answered the phone, it was my mother and my response to her saying hello was "Oh hiya, you alright?" .. well, my mother is German and never really spoke much English. :rolleyes: Does that make me perfect or just very confused?

tiorthan
Lingo Whiz

Beitrag von tiorthan »

I sometimes dream in English, too, but fluent I may be but perfect I am not. ;)

kölscheklüngel
Frequent Typer

A lot of people means that "uninteressiert" means in English disinterested. On monday a person made a test with us and a native person did the mistake and said disinterested. She would try to explain the difference but she couldn't. She lived 8 years in UK and she made it wrong. She was fair and meant that she has learnt a new word.

@Keswick: Who is not confused and who is perfect? I am sad that I can't dream in English. You have a big advantage about other guys and maybe that is the biggest part to be perfect. I envy you.

Best regards, kölscheklüngel

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

kölscheklüngel hat geschrieben:A lot of people think that "uninteressiert" in English is disinterested. On Monday a person did a test with us and a native person did the mistake and said disinterested. She would try to explain the difference but she couldn't. She lived 8 years in UK and she did it wrong. She was fair and meant that she has learnt a new word.

@Keswick: Who is not confused and who is perfect? I am sad that I can't dream in English. You have a big advantage over other guys and maybe that is the biggest part of being perfect. I envy you.

Best regards, kölscheklüngel

Hi kölscheklüngel,

There is indeed a word "disinterested" which often is translated as "desinteressiert", however, this is a non-standard word and it has a different meaning, so the translation is not quite right. A bored person is uninterested. Do not confuse this word with the rather rare disinterested, which means "objectiv or neutral".

Let me try to explain it in German:

Uninteressiert bedeutet im Deutschen, dass einem eine Sache gleichgueltig oder egal ist, man hat einfach kein Interesse an etwas. In diesem Fall verwendest du das englische Pendant "uninterested".

Das englische Wort "disinterested" wird haeufig als desinteressiert uebersetzt, hat aber vom Kontext her die Bedeutung "unparteiisch", "objektiv" oder "neutral".

Beide Worte hatten urspruenglich dieselbe Bedeutung, doch im Laufe der Sprachentwicklung ging die Bedeutung auseinander. Es gibt Menschen die beide Worte als austauschbar behandeln, das ist aber nicht korrekt. Du hast also zwei sehr aehnliche Worte mit 2 komplett unterschiedlichen Bedeutungen.

Does that make sense? :wink:

Why is dreaming in English an advantage over other people?

Antworten