I'm "unloved" ;)

Write something about yourself (who you are and where you come from).
Antworten
unloved.
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: German

I'm "unloved" ;)

Beitrag von unloved. »

Hi everybody
:)

My username is "unloved." but in real life I am called "Dori".
I found this forum a few weeks ago and now I have decided to register me.
What should I say? I've got several interests like listening to music, singing, playing the guitar, reading books and watching movies and series.
I must admit that I think too much about anything. For example about these lines I am writing right now.
I'm thrilled about English! In my point of view it's the most beautiful language in the whole world.

The best thing is that I will travel to England in september! To be precise, London. To improve my English I already read English books, watch movies and some series in English and I try to think English. Oh, and you will never believe it: Someday I had an English dream! Even several times! That was so amazing!

Okay, that’s it. Now I've got to go.

Enjoy your day and have fun!

Greetings from the “Gateway to the world” – Hamburg.

karinne
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: Englisch

Re: I'm "unloved" ;)

Beitrag von karinne »

My username is "unloved." but in real life I am called "Dori".
I found this forum a few weeks ago and now I have decided to register me.
What should I say? I've got several interests like listening to music, singing, playing the guitar, reading books and watching movies and series.
I must admit that I think too much about anything everything. For example about these lines I am writing right now.
I'm thrilled about English! In my point of view it's the most beautiful language in the whole world.

The best thing is that I will travel to England in september! To be precise, London. To improve my English I already read English books, watch movies and some series in English and I try to think in English. Oh, and you will never believe it: Somedaydo you mean sometimes? or once? If sometimes, it would be "sometimes I have English dreams - or more likely, dreams in English ;) I had an English dream! Even several times! That was so amazing!

Okay, that’s it. Now I've got to go.

Enjoy your day and have fun!

Greetings from the “Gateway to the world” – Hamburg.
Hello Dori!
I just registered, too :) My name is Karinne and I live in America, not England, but I'm thrilled that you find English so beautiful! I hope you enjoy London; everyone says it's a beautiful city. I wish you lots of luck improving your English.

I will be traveling to many German cities with my school soon - in fact, we arrive in Hamburg, so that's the very first German city I'll see! I'm extremely excited.

Maybe I can help you with your English and you can help me with my German? I would be very grateful for your help. I don't think my German is as good as your English though :(

unloved.
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von unloved. »

Hi Karinne,

Thank you so much for your reply!
I actually wanted to visit America, but it really takes too much money. England is great, too.

You will really travel to Germany? Sounds awesome! I’m sure you will love Hamburg :)
When exactly is your trip?

You mean language-exchange? Of course I would like to help you to learn German, but I don’t know if I’m able to do it.
You need to know that I can't explain very well. But if you still want to I will help you as good as I can!
I also would be very grateful about your support to improve my English :)

I really hope to hear from you soon!

So long,
Dori

PS: Thank you for your correction! :uppy:

karinne
Slow Speller

Beitrag von karinne »

My trip is at the end of April, during Easter. I am SO excited! I will also visit Munich, Freiburg, Berlin, and Heidelburg...plus Austria, Switzerland, and Leichtenstein. It's only a 10 day trip, so it will be very busy. The nice thing about Europe is that you can visit so many countries in one trip! We Americans are used to North America where you can only drive to Mexico and Canada. And for most Americans, visiting Mexico or Canada is a very long car ride.

What exactly is a language-exchange? I'm not always the best at explaining either :wink: However, I think simply knowing what a native speaker would say is invaluable.

unloved.
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von unloved. »

Oh, that's really soon! You'll visit so many cities at once? It'll be certainly exhausting, won't it?
I usually don't like to travel, so I don't know many cities here in Germany... (I know, shame on me! :shock:)
But I can't resist to travel to England. It's still so much time until then...

Well, language-exchange actually is what I already explained. I will help you with your German and you help me with my English :)
This is called "language-exchange". Sorry, I can't explain it much better, but I'm sure you understand what I mean, don't you? :wink1:

Delfino
Anglo Veteran

Beitrag von Delfino »

unloved. hat geschrieben:Oh, that's really soon! You'll visit so many cities at once? It'll be certainly be exhausting, won't it?
I usually don't like to travel. Therefore I don't know many cities here in Germany... (I know, shame on me! :shock:)
But I can't resist to travel to England. Unfortunately, it's still so much such a long time until then...

Well, actually a language exchange actually is what I already explained. I will help you with your German and you help me with my English. :)
This is called a "language exchange". Sorry, I can't explain it much any better, but I'm sure you understand what I mean, don't you? :wink1:
Language exchange is a name often used for projects and programs that use tandem language learning,
a foreign language learning method, when two people with different native language exhange their knowledge.

language exchange
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_exchange

tandem language learning
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tandem_language_learning

What are the advantages of learning in tandem?
  • You learn from a native speaker.
  • You get to know the culture and customs of the country at first hand.
  • It is an absolutely free chance to learn languages.
  • More natural way of studing languages than takeing courses and lectures.
  • You can make friends from all over the world.
  • It makes fun...
karinne hat geschrieben: However, I think simply knowing what a native speaker would say is invaluable. :big_thumb:
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

karinne
Slow Speller

Beitrag von karinne »

Thanks for the explanation and information, Delfino. Very informative :) Unloved, I have messaged you

lappenivo
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Beitrag von lappenivo »

Hey unloved, hey karinne ...

i´m searching for english conversation. Because - however - My English got a bit rusty over time.

please help me :)

unloved.
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von unloved. »

@lappenivo

You've got a PM :)

Antworten