These sentences can be useful for analysing texts. You only need to substitute the words. Have a look at Feelings and Phrases for Talks for further information.
- The story is about two teenagers.
- The action takes place in London.
- The text is divided into 5 parts.
- The main characters are Peter and Mary.
- I think Peter is brave because he rescues Mary.
- In line 27 he says ...
- In my opinion Mandy shouldn't have gone out alone.
- The characters in the story change.
- At first Peter is helpless.
- Later he becomes brave.
Summarizing the text
- The main point is that Peter likes Mandy.
- The difficult thing is that Mandy doesn't see this.
- The turning point in the story is when Mandy falls off the tree.
- On the one hand Mandy likes Peter, on the other hand she doesn't like his friends.
- That's why ...
- I think that the story is nice.
- My point of view is that ...
- My first impression was ...
- I like/don't like the story/poem/song.
- I thought that the story would end like that.
- The ending of the story didn't surprise me.
- I think that this only happens in films.
- I must admit that ...
- The message of the story is ...