What brought you here?

Where everybody can talk about anything. Slang is welcome and even encouraged.
Antworten
Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

What brought you here?

Beitrag von Keswick »

Dear all,

I am interested in your reasons to join this forum ? Just because you wanted someone to check your essays, vocabulary etc. ? Or to find friends? To improve your English?

Regards
Keswick
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Kimstern
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: german

Re: What brought you here?

Beitrag von Kimstern »

Hi,
i suppose there are so many different reasons as members are here. I have register myself new here and my reason is mainly to find friends for english conversation. I do understand english well and can also understand everything whats on the tv for instance. But it is a totally different thing to speak!! So i hope to find some friends here.

Bye :roll:
Kim

schnip
Topic Talker
Muttersprache: deutsch

Beitrag von schnip »

I am here to get the farest I can get because the limits of my languages are the limits of my life.

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Delfino »

> What brought you here?

I think, I was looking for some information about English grammar
when I visited this website for the first time...

I'm constantly trying to prepare myself for the next step of my education -
studying Computing in South East England. I'm going to leave Germany
in a few hours...
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Are you, Delfino? That's brilliant? Whereabouts are you going? Southeast... Suffolk then? Or further South? Kent? How long will you stay?

I wish you a wonderful time in England, enjoy your stay and good luck with your studies! :freu:

Delfino
Anglo Veteran
Muttersprache: German

Beitrag von Delfino »

Thank you, Keswick. I'm now in Southampton and
I'll stay and study here until July/August next year
to earn my bachelor degree in computing... :D
...is supplied without liability.
IELTS 7 Good user: operational command, occasional inaccuracies

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

:freu: Great!

You have to keep me up-to-date with your experiences in Southampton. I've never been there myself.

Jme
Slow Speller
Muttersprache: English

Beitrag von Jme »

About a year ago I first came here and haven't been on for, let's say 8 months? I'm not sure, I never posted much anyway, but I was wanting to learn German better and then I thought I'd check out how Germans learn English on the internet and typed in 'lernen Englisch' on google.de and the first page that came up had a link to here. I just remembered about here now and thought I'd come on.

Taly_Jay
Bilingual Newbie

Beitrag von Taly_Jay »

I just love learning English. I love the country...just all. :) Last year I served an apprenticeship as a oreign languages correspondent. I live in an area with many British camps....so here live many many British people. :) I use to go out with some on the weekends. My boyfriends English as well.. :) So i just love everything what just has to do with "English". Hope I can move to England one day. :D
When you've eliminated the impossible,whatever remains,however improbable,must be the truth.

Heunie
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: deutsch

Beitrag von Heunie »

Hey,
I forgot to do my homework...so now my teacher tells me that I have to hand in my forgotten homework.
I worked on it for almost 3 hours and I wanted to do it perfect :)
So I thought maybe the internet could help me to do a good job and I subscribed here!

Kliapatra
Tongue Twister
Muttersprache: American English

Beitrag von Kliapatra »

I've actually just returned to this forum after taking a long summer off. I originally came here because I was looking for a community of German speakers learning English-- the opposite of me-- in hopes that I would be able to benefit both myself and the community. I'm looking forward to aiding many posters. :spin:
Bitte korrigiert mein Deutsch. Ich bin noch Anfänger. (:

britingermany
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: english

Beitrag von britingermany »

Hi,
I have just discovered this forum. :freu: I am an english native speaker, I'm from England & have been living in Germany now for 17 years. My main intention was to find English people living in Germany to chat with. Of course I'll be most happy to chat with people all over the world too. :spin:

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

Hi Brit,

welcome to the forum :) . Whereabouts in England are you from? And what made you move to Germany?

britingermany
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: english

Beitrag von britingermany »

Hi,
I'm from the northwest of England. The county is Cheshire. I was brought up in a very small place (a hamlet) called Spurstow. I don't know if you've heard of it...probably not.. It's not far away from Beeston (Beeston Castle!!) It's about 12 miles away from Chester. The reason I came to Germany was 'no reason at all!!'I just deceided one day that I wanted to move on...I wasn't actually planning on staying in Germany for so long, but I like it here & haven't moved on yet..tho I'm still planning on doing so, when I feel the time is right. :wink: Hmmm, who knows, maybe I'll stay here for ever.. :lol: How about you? Where are you living right now, where are you from etc etc...?

Keswick
English Legend

Beitrag von Keswick »

I know where Chester is, but unfortunately I have never heard of Spurstow, sorry! And whereabouts in Germany do you live?

I live in the Northeast, in a small place between Sunderland and Durham. I was born in Lower Franconia but decided to move on after uni. The main reason was the fact that I could not find a job anywhere close to where I lived. I simply had to move to a bigger city like Munich, Cologne or Berlin. So I thought if I have to move far away from home anyway let's do something big. That's how I ended up in the UK.. with no intention of coming back any time soon, especially because my husband's a born and bred Geordie boy and moving him away from the Northeast is like moving the pyramids from Egypt to the Alps. Fair enough he says he would come with me if I really really wanted to go back to Germany.. but I don't ;) .

Antworten