Analysis of a short story

Hier könnt ihr Sätze und kurze Texte zum Korrigieren einstellen.
Antworten
Ash
Bilingual Newbie
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Analysis of a short story

Beitrag von Ash »

Talking about communication problems I have got the text "Early Autumn" by Langston Hughes, which includes many features of short stories. To prove if my speculation is true, I had analyzed the text and came to a really clear result.
At first you get some general information, for example "[...] they had been in love." (l. 1), which are important for the following situation. This short exposition is really typical for short stories. Afterwards, the reader gets directly thrown into the situation, without any previous knowledge about where the characters came from. This fact lets the atmosphere seem to be as spontaneous as the meeting. Another argument to prove that this story is a short story is that there are just a few minutes between the beginning and the climax in line 29. Moreover there are only two characters and one setting. The dialogue between Mary and Bill covers most of the story. That is another criterion and gives the reader the impression beeing a part of the situation.
All in all "Early Autumn" by Langston Hughes is a very good example of a short story because it includes all the criteria.

Würde mich sehr freuen, wenn da mal einer zum korrigieren drüber lesen könnte. Über allgemeine Tipps freue ich mich auch.

Lg.

Keswick
English Legend
Muttersprache: Deutsch

Re: Analysis of a short story

Beitrag von Keswick »

Ash hat geschrieben:Concerning communication problems I have got the text "Early Autumn" by Langston Hughes, which includes many features of short stories. To prove if my speculation is true, I had analyzed the text and came to a really clear result.
At first you get some general information, for example "[...] they had been in love." (l. 1), which is important for the following situation. This short exposition is really typical for short stories. Afterwards, the reader gets directly thrown into the situation, without any previous knowledge about where the characters come from. This fact lets the atmosphere seem to be as spontaneous as the meeting. Another argument to prove that this story is a short story is that there are just a few minutes between the beginning and the climax in line 29. Moreover there are only two characters and one setting. The dialogue between Mary and Bill covers most of the story. That is another criterion and gives the reader the impression to be a part of the situation.
All in all "Early Autumn" by Langston Hughes is a very good example of a short story because it includes all the criteria.

Würde mich sehr freuen, wenn da mal einer zum korrigieren drüber lesen könnte. Über allgemeine Tipps freue ich mich auch.

Lg.
Bitte keine Korrektur- / Erklärungsanfragen per PN.
British English (BE) Sprecher.

Antworten